No media detected

i’m currently using dvdfab platimum to back up movies. i’m having problems as when i go to burn the movie, it does not recognise the DVD’s i’m using. it does ocassionally work sometimes. i’m using single layer dvd-r disks and have had no problems until recently. Can anyone assist?

Welcome to the forum

Burner model, firmware version, brand of media, MID of the media, which movie are you having a problem with at this time, OS???

The more information you can provide the more likely to get the help you need.

Hi Kipper,

the DVD burner model is the following: HL- DT - ST DVDRRW GSA- H30L.
the brand of media is Verbatim (i think that is what you mean). I’ve been having trouble with most of the movies i’m burning. I’m not sure what the OS means?

thanks Jim

yes. please provide this info.

also when dvdfab asks to insert compatible media you should wait for your drive to recognize the blank disc and then click okay. if asked again just wait for 20-30 seconds and click ok. i have experienced this several times with some earlier versions, there is an update 3.2.1.0.

Hi, i have the latest DVDFab downloaded. I’m sorry, but i really do not know a lot about the computer and what you are requesting in terms of the information above.

thanks Jim

Get Nero CD/DVD Speed, http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
It is a free download.
Put one of your blank dvds in the drive then start CD Speed. Look at the disk info tab. It will tell you the MID (manufacturer id code). We can also see what firmware you are using in your LG drive. It will show up next to the model of the drive.

OS in The Kipper’s post meant operating system. Are you using XP?

i’m currently using dvdfab platimum to back up movies. i’m having problems as when i go to burn the movie, it does not recognise the DVD’s i’m using. it does ocassionally work sometimes. i’m using single layer dvd-r disks and have had no problems until recently. Can anyone assist?

the DVD burner model is the following: HL- DT - ST DVDRRW GSA- H30L.
the brand of media is Verbatim. I’ve been having trouble with most of the movies i’m burning.

please read this. if this doesnt help then we will look into your computer components as possible problem area.

could a mod merge this thread and this thread.

Please do not crosspost. Read our forum rules. Threads merged. :cop:

Open Fab and click on the little gear icon on the top right.
[B]Common Preference [/B] > [B]DVD[/B] > [B]Write[/B] >
Choose [B]SAO writing[/B]

If this doesn’t do it, please post a burn log.
The default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log