No image using Mobile-PS3

vbimport

Hi,
Probably a simple newbie issue here, but when I use DVDFab Platinum to rip a DVD straight to PS3 mp4 format, the result has sound, but no video. I tried playback on WMP and PS3. The whole codec thing is doing my head in. I think maybe I need to install K-Lite codec pack, but have a read a few bad things about that on various forums. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian

VLC will play mp4 ,and to play with WMP install FFDshow with Haali splitter…
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_play_mp4_files.cfm
I would stay away from codec packs,IMO!..:slight_smile:

Thanks for the response t0nee1 (sorry for delay in reponse!).

ffdshow wouldn’t give a clean instal, I think becuase I couldn’t cleanly uninstall previous codecs. Nasty. After trying various different codecs, I can now create mp4’s that work in WMP, but they still have no picture on my PS3. Simply created with DVD Fab using the PS3 option. Another few months of trying random different things maybe!..

I’m working on the same issue, PS3 has no video? Nero and WMP will play it on the PC but no dice on the PS3.

Ok, whatever Fab installed on mine as ps3.default was the problem, I selected the other choice that was spelled out PlayStation 3 and it now works!
I set that as the default and I’m good to go.

hi,

Please tell me more about your solution, maybe which can help me to fix the problem. :o

Ok, whatever Fab installed on mine as ps3.default was the problem,

what your mean is the default ps3 profile have problem ?

I selected the other choice that was spelled out PlayStation 3 and it now works!

which profile is your selec as default ?

Thanks .

[QUOTE=Ting;2045264]hi,

Please tell me more about your solution, maybe which can help me to fix the problem. :o

what your mean is the default ps3 profile have problem ?

which profile is your selec as default ?

Thanks .[/QUOTE]

Hello Ting, when DVDFab 5 installed the default configuration whatever it was had no video. I just selected “PlayStation 3” from the drop down and all was well, worked fine. Nothing changed that I could see, it just started working and I don’t know why. It might be helpful to note that both of the configurations below were installed with DVDFab 5 and all I had to do was switch from “ps3.default” to “PlayStation 3” and it started to work correctly.