No idea where to even start editing a dvd!

vbimport

Hi,

I had a friend record our wedding day with their camcorder and they have downloaded all of the day onto a dvd for me. I now have to upload it onto my computer and then edit it and add music. Well, I’m no techo wizard by any stretch of the imagination and I don’t have the foggiest idea where to even start with this! Surely it can’t be THAT difficult?!?!

Please bear in mind that it was a budget wedding and that’s why our friend recorded it - needless to say we don’t have the money to spend on expensive programmes to edit it.

Any advice or info you can give me would be massively appreciated!

Is it now in dvd-video format? (a Video_TS folder with .vob, .ifo and .bup files)

DVD video isn’t the best format for editing, but it can be done successfully with tools that are designed to work with it. I suggest getting the free trial of Womble Video Wizard DVD. It is fully functional for the length of the trial, which is 30 days I believe. http://www.womble.com/index.html

If it is in another format, like DV avi, then you might want to consider a program like Adobe Premiere Elements or Sony Vegas Home Studio. They also have free trials.

All I know at the moment is that it’s on a disc waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow, I wanted to have the info I needed beforehand so I can get to work on it straight away. I presume once I’ve worked out how to upload it, it will say what format it’s in?
I’ll check out the programmes you mentioned, thanks for your help :smiley:
xx