No HD picture

vbimport

I’ve just bought a PS3 and after setting it all up, realised that I can’t get a picture. When I select the HDMI 1 input on the TV, it just says that the mode is not supported. I inserted a game and it asked me if I wanted to install the game to the PS3 HDD. I didn’t want to install anything to the PS3 until I’ve configured the settings. I have tried changing some settings in the TV menu, but nothing’s worked so far.

My TV is a Samsung LE32M8.

Sorry for the late respond. Have you find a solution yet?

Plug ye olde analogue connections into your PS3, unplug the HDMI & after turning it on & gettting a picture, plug the HDMI in and do a test for the HDMI.
I’m guessing you’ve set your PS3’s HDMI Video resolution to 1080p and your TV doesn’t support it.

[quote=Garybrown02;2063765]I’ve just bought a PS3 and after setting it all up, realised that I can’t get a picture. When I select the HDMI 1 input on the TV, it just says that the mode is not supported. I inserted a game and it asked me if I wanted to install the game to the PS3 HDD. I didn’t want to install anything to the PS3 until I’ve configured the settings. I have tried changing some settings in the TV menu, but nothing’s worked so far.

My TV is a Samsung LE32M8.[/quote]
This is a huge problem on the ps3 forums, I even had it myself last week.
First turn your ps3 off at the back then put your finger on the power button (front) and flick the switch on the back, back on, DON’T take your finger off the power button until you hear a second beep which takes about 5-6 seconds, This will do a soft reset of your ps3(you wont lose any settings dont worry) and will detect your output method and ask you to set it up. When it does, go through the video set up and if it works then awesome if not get another HDMI cable that is v1.3 compliant, This is what I had to do as the ps3 is fussy with the cable you use.
Hope this helps