No Free Space after Image Deleted

Hello, I use DVD Shrink to create the ISO image file from the DVD and DVD Decrypter to burn that image onto a blank dvd. After the whole process is complete, I delete the large (~4.6GB) file in order to have enough free space. The problem is that even after deleting these files, which I did 3 days ago, my C drive is still at critical storage levels. I deleted images totaling to around 24GB, but it doesn’t reflect that at all. Is there another location where backups or images are stored? Thanks for your reply.

Have you also emptied your trashcan?

So when deleting hold the shift key down & this will prevent the image going to the recycle bin.

My Recycle Bin is empty. It even asked me if I want to permanently delete the file because it is too big for the Recycle Bin.

I thought it might but I didn’t have an image I wanted to delete so couldn’t test with a 4gb file.
You haven’t got a Norton Protected recycle bin as that’s all I can think of at the moment.
I’ve used a little utility called i.disk which simply lists the total disk space used , by folder, on your HD. It’s quite useful for finding this sort of thing. You can find it here

You just reminded me! I DO have a Norton Protected Bin! and i just emptied all the protected files…and it worked! I was completely oblivious to the fact that I had that. Thanks for your help.

Hello there,
I am receiving the following message:

There is not enough space your target drive!

The system cannot find the path specified.

What does it mean by target drive? My laptop DVD drive?

I have used shrink using the same path to the same file folder, so I am puzzled it cannot find the path.

Thank you

This is a cross posting (same Q posted twice) & really nothing to do with this thread anyway.

There is a really good Freeware Program called SequoiaView located Here
that provides you with a single picture of the entire contents of your hard drive.

You can use it to locate those large files that you haven’t accessed in a year, or to quickly locate the largest picture or video files on your drive.

Regards,:slight_smile: