No DVD-Rom after burning my DL from memorex

vbimport

hey all, I´m new to this board and wanna say, this forum is very good, helped me much solving problems.

But now I got one, hope u can help me too.

First of all the problem that I have.
After I burned my DVD DL with 3500a, I got no Bitsetting on my DVD to Rom, only DVD+R DL, DVD-Rom is the default setting.
I use the new FW from Liggy the liggy 218. flashed with binflash.
( no errors after flashing and reboot )

I tryed to burn my DL with RecordNow Deluxe 7.1 and one with C**DVD.
Burning was ok, no error´s but DVDInfo say´s DVD+R DL instead of DVD-Rom, and my stand alone Player say´s “no disk” I think because of the booktype.

Here are some more additional infos:
ASPI: 4.60
WinXP SP1
Burner is on master IDE and got DMA 2.

in the past I burned some DL from verbatim and Record Now Del. with other FW. All DL had DVD-ROM booktype and no problems, playing in 3 stand alone player. Now I tryed the memorex DVD and the new FW, but I don´t know, if it could be the media or the fw.
Hope u can help me.
Here is a picture too, showing the mediacode and booktype.

thank´s in advanced

Try the 218btrpc1 FW. Make sure you set the DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD DL to DVD-ROM. Try with a DVD+R disc, first. Do you see DVD-ROM? Now repeat with your DL DVD media. If problem persists, then go back to the good DL DVD media.

Yo-

You need to do the bitsetting in the binflasher program with 218btrpc1 firmware (It’s good stuff)-

Mike

thanks for answer, but I checked in binflash DVD-ROM ist default setting, but I got a question, as I know, there are more FW 218btrpc1 not only from Liggy so I´m bit confused wich one I should try.

Could u give me a link or the 218btrpc1?? would be very nice, wanna test some +R and try to looking for some cheap Verbatim for testing, but don´t wanna burn for recycle bin the good DL ;), the store were I brought it in past got only this Memorex now :Z

The original 218btrpc1 can be found here. Several other firmwares are based on my patch.

nice to know, thank u Liggy!!!
Do u have a any suggestions about my problem? bec. wanna use u´re fw and no orig. from nec it self :iagree:

All the code in this firmware was probably written by NEC. I just took two different firmwares and made a new one out of both. (Plus RPC1 and Riplock patch with a patcher from TDB)

so I checked one DVD+R. DVDInfo show me DVD-Rom as booktype.
brought some Verbatim DL, try to test again with RecordNow Deluxe 7.1, because this prog set the layerbreake very good, but I can´t choose the booktype.

let´z see after burning.

Use the same burn software. It should also provide DVD-ROM with DVD-9 Verbatim.

yeah used my verbatim DL but now with the new FW-release from Liggy and Dee. It´s V9. Works fine with RN.7.1 Booktype DVD-ROM and playable on my stand alone :iagree:

So I think the problem is is the Memorex DL.
have to go to my dealer and talk to them bec. they don´t sell verbatim anymore only the memorex one :a

and btw. good work Liggy and Dee for this new release! :iagree: