No DVD riches for the acknowledged father of optical storage

vbimport

I just posted the article No DVD riches for the acknowledged father of optical storage.

Sony and
Philips get credit for developing the compact disc in the early 1980s. But they
licensed technology that a young “tinkerer” Jim Russell developed 20 years
earlier. Seems…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9647-No-DVD-riches-for-the-acknowledged-father-of-optical-storage.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9647-No-DVD-riches-for-the-acknowledged-father-of-optical-storage.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This is the guy who should be getting the Audio CDR and DVDR media royalties, not the RIAA and the MPAA!:g

What? He’s got a recording of a TV show? Surprised the MPA haven’t done him for piracy…

This guy’s story should be stuck in the faces of the RIAA/MPAA and their puppets/ apologists the next time they start complaining about loosing royalties

They do say necessity is the mother of invention…cactus needles !!..HeHe… I love him… What would the jackals at RIAA/MPAA learn from this mans genius and unassuming needs…jackschitte!!!..they sold their souls long ago…:X

Hmmmm I just thought how the record companies must have hated this concept. A system for listening to music that doesn’t wear out a little more each time you play it. Now I see why CD’s are triple the price of the old LP even though it is probably cheaper to produce them.

Crabbyappleton wrote: “Hmmmm I just thought how the record companies must have hated this concept. A system for listening to music that doesn’t wear out a little more each time you play it” What? When they can simply re-release their entire back-catalogue in the new format (i.e. no recording/promotion costs: the only overheads being the costs of re-mastering) and then effectively force the general public to re-purchase the music they already own as the infrastructure supporting the old format gradually vanishes? In fact they loved it so much that they tried the same thing again with SuperCD, DAT and MD… We’re going to see the whole thing happen again with HD-DVD and/or BlueRay over the next few years!

I was being sarcastic :+

Crabbyappleton wrote: “I was being sarcastic” U got me :c :wink:

Yeah, “they don’t like it up 'em, they do not like it up 'em”…but they’ll get it up 'em compliments of El Diablo himself.