No DVD Drive Detected

Omg can someone please help me… i have not alot of knowledge when it comes to computers so please as “blonde” as you can if you are kind enough to help me :confused: basically my dvd burner wont work… like power gets to it and it can open and close and it “physically” works fine… but its not picking up on my computer… i have opened it up and made sure the cords were connected properly and they are… also my anydvd thingy has gone mental it keeps telling me that “NO DVD DRIVE DETECTED” i have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling… i used a thingy to completly take anydvd off my computer for a fresh re-install… i even went and bought a new dvd burner and it still did nothing…(which i am taking back for my $80) lol… i have completly no idea what to do./… i took my computer to a PC REPAIR shop and they had it there for 5 days and still had not got around to fixing it… -.- so i just gave up on that… some one please try to help me lol?? :confused:

[QUOTE=MissTarryn;2446721]Omg can someone please help me… i have not alot of knowledge when it comes to computers so please as “blonde” as you can if you are kind enough to help me :confused: basically my dvd burner wont work… like power gets to it and it can open and close and it “physically” works fine… but its not picking up on my computer… i have opened it up and made sure the cords were connected properly and they are… also my anydvd thingy has gone mental it keeps telling me that “NO DVD DRIVE DETECTED” i have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling… i used a thingy to completly take anydvd off my computer for a fresh re-install… i even went and bought a new dvd burner and it still did nothing…(which i am taking back for my $80) lol… i have completly no idea what to do./… i took my computer to a PC REPAIR shop and they had it there for 5 days and still had not got around to fixing it… -.- so i just gave up on that… some one please try to help me lol?? :/[/QUOTE]

AFAIK there isn’t a thing to remove Anydvd beside reinstalling your O/S from new. Does your drive itself detect or play movie DVD aside from the Anydvd running? You did the basic checkups on the computer to insure it works. What kinda DVD media player movie software are you using if any? Do you have any kinda other burning software installed and running in the taskbar? Some burner software have been known to cause problem with Anydvd not recognizing the drive. Where did you get your Anydvd software from and what version was it that you used??