No Disk in drive

vbimport

I have a DMR-EX77EB 3 years old that indicates on the main display (a white disc icon) that it has a DVD inserted. However there is NO disc, blank or otherwise in the machine. When a blank DVD is loaded the message “This is a non recordable disc” is displayed on the TV, I have used hundreds of the same brand disc’s without any problems. There are no fault numbers displayed. I can still record/playback from the Hard Disk Help please:doh:

I have a DMR-EX77EB 3 years old that indicates on the main display (a white disc icon) that it has a DVD inserted. However there is [B]NO[/B] disc, blank or otherwise in the machine. When a blank DVD is loaded the message “[B]This is a non recordable disc[/B]” is displayed on the TV, I have used hundreds of the same brand disc’s without any problems. There are no fault numbers displayed. I can still record/playback from the Hard Disk Help please:doh:

– nevermind –

*Merged threads upon request via support

I haven’t heard of your problem but you could try a factory reset. To do that you turn your machine ON then hold both the CHANNEL UP and CHANNEL DOWN buttons(on the main unit) for at least 10 seconds. The unit will power down and start flashing 12:00.
Note this reset will erase most of your settings and channel lineup. It won’t effect anything on your HDD(if so equipped).
Also have you tried a NEW blank DVD? Sometimes if the spindle is very dirty the slippage could cause DVD failure and if you keep trying the same DVD you’ll get failures even though you may not have recorded to the DVD(every time you insert a recordable DVD it goes through calibration routine). Do you hear any abnormal grinding noise when inserting DVDs? if so that could point towards a dirty spindle.