No disc present in drive using AnyDVD and CloneDVD

vbimport

Hello all,

I’ve actually got multiple problems that just started up for some reason. I am trying to back up some DVD’s that I’ve got and I keep getting errors. The first one is an error with anydvd. It won’t recognize that I’m putting a dvd in either DVD drive I have. I’m currentlyusing a Plextor PX-760A and a Toshiba SDR5372V drive. I have backed up countless DVD’s using these two drives all with not problems. I recently updated my software (because the popup window told me there was a new update available) My AnyDVD version is 6.4.5.0 and my CloneDVD version is 2.9.1.9. CloneDVD is saying that my drive is not ready but I can access both of my drives using windows. I’m currently using Windows XP SP2.

I’ve tried the following:

Reinstalled the software
rebooted computer numrous times
started AnyDVD in safemode
and reinstalled drivers.

is there something I’m missing?

try this beta out http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6452.exe

[QUOTE=steven8234;2087195]Hello all,

I’ve actually got multiple problems that just started up for some reason. I am trying to back up some DVD’s that I’ve got and I keep getting errors. The first one is an error with anydvd. It won’t recognize that I’m putting a dvd in either DVD drive I have. I’m currentlyusing a Plextor PX-760A and a Toshiba SDR5372V drive. I have backed up countless DVD’s using these two drives all with not problems. I recently updated my software (because the popup window told me there was a new update available) My AnyDVD version is 6.4.5.0 and my CloneDVD version is 2.9.1.9. CloneDVD is saying that my drive is not ready but I can access both of my drives using windows. I’m currently using Windows XP SP2.

I’ve tried the following:

Reinstalled the software
rebooted computer numrous times
started AnyDVD in safemode
and reinstalled drivers.

is there something I’m missing?[/QUOTE]

First off turn off the reminder that checks up for update. You can do that yourself. What movie is it that your having problem with? Also they have SP3 out now FYI. What other software did you install after getting the latest version from Slysoft? What kinda firewall settings do you have and AV settings? What was your prior version of Anydvd and CloneDVD??

@coolcolors
Why are you telling him to disable the update check? How does that help the problem he is having?

@steven
Post a log (Right click AnyDVD in the system tray > Create Logfile) and post it here.

Second, what errors are you getting and from what programs? Please state the exact errors.

Do you insert the DVD and that’s when the problem occurs or do you try to rip it with a program. If so, which program?

[QUOTE=linx05;2087555]@coolcolors
Why are you telling him to disable the update check? How does that help the problem he is having?

@steven
Post a log (Right click AnyDVD in the system tray > Create Logfile) and post it here.

Second, what errors are you getting and from what programs? Please state the exact errors.

Do you insert the DVD and that’s when the problem occurs or do you try to rip it with a program. If so, which program?[/QUOTE]

For one thing it doing update takes up valuable resources. Just a time saving tip that he himself can do manually.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2087724]For one thing it doing update takes up valuable resources. Just a time saving tip that he himself can do manually.[/QUOTE]
It does not. It opens a connection to the slysoft website, checks the version on there compared to the one installed and then proceeds to let you know or not.

It is recommended to keep the update check [B]enabled[/B] to let the user know when an important update is released. Otherwise they will be using an old version which could cause problems later down the track with DVDs or trouble shooting.

Checking the setting for updates or not isn’t gunna help him.

@steven - try this. First uninstall the program. Then check your filter drivers. Easiest is with ImgBurn - see the tools menu. There should be no filter drivers other than redbook and imapi. If anydvd is there, remove it.

Reboot and test your drive.

Reinstall and reboot.

Regards

@blutach
I asked him to post an AnyDVD log so we could see what filters he had loaded.

I’m not sure if you knew that or not. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=linx05;2087555]@coolcolors

@steven

Do you insert the DVD and that’s when the problem occurs or do you try to rip it with a program. If so, which program?[/QUOTE]

Linx5 I don’t get any errors what so ever, I put the disc in and nothing happens. AnyDVD show’s both of my drives as empty. Since AnyDVD isn’t Decoding the disc I don’t even get to the CloneDVD problem. NOw the Clone problem I was seeing was when AnyDVD finishes removing the protections I bring up the TSVideo file and rip it. No problem it’s when it goes to write it the status text is saying drive not ready. I seen that problem 3 or 4 time then I’d restart and retry it and it would work. Then yesterday or the day before I was going to rip Disney’s Treasure Island and that’s when AnyDVD just went caput. I’ve tried several other DVD’s and none of them work now.

Also where the heck is the Logfile stored at? I can’t find it. I right click on the little fox and clicked on “create Logfile” but I can’t find where it’s storing it…even doing a search.

C Drive > Documents & Settings > Your PC user name > My Documents
The logfile may or may NOT indicate the disc title as printed. When your logfile is complete you should have a pathway showing in the box. Log it again and check where they go. Arrange files by date modified and it will be at the top after you log it again. I always move mine to a special folder, and keep them. ;- )