Problems/Questions with/about Lite-On SHM-165HS6-04C Retail Version with factory installed HS0E flash.
I just got this DVD burner today and have some problems and questions for the experts.
- Recorded 14 TV-show episodes (13 seasons 1 and 1 season 2) as a data DVD, using TY-02 media and Nero 6 at 8x and disk-at-once with smartburn.
A. The entire DVD Plays fine on the Lite-On SHM-165HS6-04C
B. but on my Philips DVP 642 DVD 4 episodes were fine, 10 had light blue-tinted faces and one had no sound.
- Why were there playback problems on the Philips drive? Other data DVDs burnt on another burner play fine on it.
- I recorded season two 12 TV-show episodes as a data DVD using same media, speed and format as in #1 â€“ everything is fine!
- Why were there NO playback problems on the Philips drive with season 2?
- I recorded #1 onto another DVD disk as in #1â€“ same problems as in 1B.
- I recorded 2 episodes from #1 onto a 48x Imation CD-R as data as in #1 â€“ both have light-blue skin color as in 1B.
- I recorded 2 episodes that turned out light blue in 1B this time as transcoded video. It came out fine with better resolution and picture quality; but took 2 hours to record.
- Is 2 hours normal?
#1,2 & 3 took about 8 minutes each at 8x
- Why only 8x?
- How do I get it to run faster than 2hours in #7 and 8x in #9?
- I did not use hyper threading.
- Is there a better (faster) flash than HS0E?
- Where do I get it?
Thank you for your help. VG