No boot, W10

vbimport

Ok guys, back again. About four months ago had to move. Then on the sixteenth of November had a total hip replacement and am now getting to where I can do something.

Problem, I have a self-built computer using an DG965RY Intel motherboard I had on hand. It is running W10 with an ATI Radeon X300 V. 130 graphics cars with a dual monitor split screen setup.

When I moved I the computer was work perfectly. I packed it, and not about four months later I set the computer back up and it won’t boot.

When I press the power button the mouse and keyboard are not recognized. I know this because the light on the keyboard don’t flash and the infrared light on the mouse does not light. Then the computer starts booting and an HP screen appears momentarily, then a black screen when the computer checks certain things and when the check is completed it says “F1 to boot” in the lower left corner of the screen. Sometimes when I click F1 the computer goes to the Bios screen and most of the time locks up here. Sometimes when I click F1 nothing happens. Rarely I can rapidly click F1 and the computer will go to the Bios screen where it locks up and nothing else happens.

The computer has a new 250 GB WD Blue HD and I have replaced the SATA cable thinking the HD was being detected.

Also the ROM doesn’t work. I had to install a USB 2 card as the board only has USB 1. I have checked everything I know to check and can’t understand why the computer won’t boot.

Thanks. .

[QUOTE=kemperhils;2785734]Ok guys, back again. About four months ago had to move. Then on the sixteenth of November had a total hip replacement and am now getting to where I can do something.

Problem, I have a self-built computer using an DG965RY Intel motherboard I had on hand. It is running W10 with an ATI Radeon X300 V. 130 graphics cars with a dual monitor split screen setup.

When I moved I the computer was work perfectly. I packed it, and not about four months later I set the computer back up and it won’t boot.

When I press the power button the mouse and keyboard are not recognized. I know this because the light on the keyboard don’t flash and the infrared light on the mouse does not light. Then the computer starts booting and an HP screen appears momentarily, then a black screen when the computer checks certain things and when the check is completed it says “F1 to boot” in the lower left corner of the screen. Sometimes when I click F1 the computer goes to the Bios screen and most of the time locks up here. Sometimes when I click F1 nothing happens. Rarely I can rapidly click F1 and the computer will go to the Bios screen where it locks up and nothing else happens.

The computer has a new 250 GB WD Blue HD and I have replaced the SATA cable thinking the HD was being detected.

Also the ROM doesn’t work. I had to install a USB 2 card as the board only has USB 1. I have checked everything I know to check and can’t understand why the computer won’t boot.

Thanks. .[/QUOTE]

Check the RAM modules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=alan1476;2785736]Check the RAM modules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Alan. Removed and reinstalled the ram and it booted. Now that was a dumb newbie mistake on my part. That is the only thing I didn’t check.

I am not a geek but I am a long way from a newbie and shouldn’t have made such a newbie mistake. Thanks again.