No bitsetting or Booktype

vbimport

I recently bought a LG WH16NS40 and this model doesn’t bitset or booktype DVD+R DL or DVD+R to DVD-ROM. And my email to LG hasn’t gotten a reply back so I am going to return this drive and go back to my old trust LiteOn iHBS212 that will booktype to DVD-ROM. Why is this so hard for LG to do? I looked for software to do this but even IMgburn has error trying to set the LG to booktype. So at this point in time I going to get my refund and tell LG they need to do a better job at making their drives to be able to booktype to DVD-ROM.

Hey coolcolors , I did some searching & it seems this drive doesn’t bitset or booktype.
I suppose it is possible someone has written some firmware to correct this but I didn’t find any that stated it fixed this problem.

[QUOTE=cholla;2744296]Hey coolcolors , I did some searching & it seems this drive doesn’t bitset or booktype.
I suppose it is possible someone has written some firmware to correct this but I didn’t find any that stated it fixed this problem.[/QUOTE]

I thought as much…guess a refund is in order…thanks for looking…but it would’ve been nice though being a new drive one should have that option. And my email hasn’t been answered by LG or they are afraid to tell the truth so guess they lost another customer. Guess my review when I do it will not be favorable to the drive.

UPdate:

Returned for REfund since it can’t do booktype/bitsetting and installed my old trust LiteOn iHBS212-2 back and now I can write DVD-ROM. Maybe in the future if LG gets off it’s a55 and give one the option to do bitsetting then I come back otherwise I will stick with LiteOn drives.

This probably won’t help you but I recently received a LG WH14NS40 as a gift .
It also doesn’t book type or bit set .
Fortunately I have other drives that do .
Most likely I will use this on mostly for anything I do with BD.

Modern DVD players rarely need DVD-ROM but I’ve always thought why not set a drive this way.
Since it doesn’t hurt any “new” DVD player I’ve used DVDs book typed as
DVD-ROM .

That’s the problem players standalone from my experience plays better with DVD-ROM format when backing up movies. It be so simple for them to set the drive to burn this way but obviously it’s the simple things they can’t do right.

“booktype” never was nor is equal to the format.