No Avatars in any version

For some odd reason at 7:45 EST all the avatars on the forum disappeared for me, in both IE8 and Firefox.:sad:

Your avatar is showing up for me, in Firefox.

Not for me, I am using Firefox 3.54, I cant see any avatars in IE8 either.

Did the option to see avatars get changed in your user profile, somehow?

[QUOTE=ozar;2459623]Did the option to see avatars get changed in your user profile, somehow?[/QUOTE]
Let me check, can you see everyones avatar?

I just checked a couple of really big threads and can see multiple avatars, but it seems like there might not be as many showing as there were before. I’ll have to explore a bit to know for sure.

With one user’s avatar this happened to me. But now I can see everyone’s avatars.

FF 3.5.4 here.

As I say it only appeared to be a one-off for me. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ozar;2459625]I just checked a couple of really big threads and can see multiple avatars, but it seems like there might not be as many showing as there were before. I’ll have to explore a bit to know for sure.[/QUOTE]
My settings are fine, its a glich in the forum, IE8 is taking forever to load also.

take a look at anyone’s profile page Arachne…see if the avatars are showing up for you there

Seemed to hang (whilst loading avatars) earlier on loading some URL like (something) skimlinks.cdfreaks.com? That might have something to do with it…

EDIT: Scratch the above: Good thinking Kerry - I loaded your profile page = fine, then I loaded Alan’s, and it hung loading his profile pic (not avatar, that was fine) on static.myce.com :wink:

EDIT 2: Half the avatars in Alan’s Friends list aren’t loading, either…

[QUOTE=Arachne;2459626]With one user’s avatar this happened to me. But now I can see everyone’s avatars.

FF 3.5.4 here.

As I say it only appeared to be a one-off for me. :)[/QUOTE]
This is what I see in Firefox and IE8

I can see the avatars for alan1476, Kerry56, and Arachne, but it seems that some might still be missing for some users. My own is missing because I’ve not uploaded one.

[QUOTE=ozar;2459631]I can see the avatars for alan1476, Kerry56, and Arachne, but it seems that some might still be missing for some users. My own is missing because I’ve not uploaded one.[/QUOTE] Thanks for helping with this ozar, but I cannot see anyones avatar, in threads or anyplace else.:sad:

I have to say the forums are lightning fast right now for me in FF, though avatars are screwed up somewhat. IE8 doesn’t work at all.

No complaints about forum speed here, either :smiley:

Oh boy, just clicking around, I looked at this thread in the Blank media forum: http://club.myce.com/f33/how-good-fti-falcon-271517/
Not a single avatar showed up, and it hung for about 20 seconds trying to load in FF.

Same here.:o

[QUOTE=Arachne;2459634]No complaints about forum speed here, either :D[/QUOTE]
When the page loads, its fast, but some do not load at all.

Kerry’s link above gives me about 50% of the avatars and links where the avatars should have been for the others. Must be some kind of server issue, or a forum software snafu.

Yep, speed is good!

None of the new beta forums work for me, I bet it has something to do with that.:wink: