No audio from wmp 11

My computer updated to wmp 11 and now I get no audio from songs or movies that I have downloaded. Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=rick390;2246641]My computer updated to wmp 11 and now I get no audio from songs or movies that I have downloaded. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Right click on the Speaker icon that is located in your notification area of your taskbar and select “Open Volume Mixer” make sure that the “Windows Sounds” or any other options that are displayed are not set as mute.

Hi,

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2246684]Right click on the Speaker icon that is located in your notification area of your taskbar and select “Open Volume Mixer” make sure that the “Windows Sounds” or any other options that are displayed are not set as mute.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… well my Speaker icon isn’t in my taskbar anymore for some reason… and I never found the “Open Volume Mixer”. But, I played around with Windows Media Player and tried a variety of things… I never did find the “Open Volume Mixer” but did find something that was muted… VOILA! I have sound again! I sure don’t recall ever telling anything to mute!

A big thanks to StormJumper! :flower: What I learned… you need to know your software very well! And I am inexperienced playing music on my computer - I’ve played CD’s I’ve purchased on my CD players (car/home/etc)

BTW - I am aware I’m not to cross post and it makes sense for me to hunt for answers - being someone here has already likely run across same or similar issue. I had hunted for a solution to this problem… apparently my SEARCH “key words” were ineffective. So… Thanks StormJumper for pointing me to this thread.

OK… onward!
trish3usa=noobme

[QUOTE=trish3usa;2246805]Hi,

Hmmm… well my Speaker icon isn’t in my taskbar anymore for some reason… and I never found the “Open Volume Mixer”. But, I played around with Windows Media Player and tried a variety of things… I never did find the “Open Volume Mixer” but did find something that was muted… VOILA! I have sound again! I sure don’t recall ever telling anything to mute!

A big thanks to StormJumper! :flower: What I learned… you need to know your software very well! And I am inexperienced playing music on my computer - I’ve played CD’s I’ve purchased on my CD players (car/home/etc)

BTW - I am aware I’m not to cross post and it makes sense for me to hunt for answers - being someone here has already likely run across same or similar issue. I had hunted for a solution to this problem… apparently my SEARCH “key words” were ineffective. So… Thanks StormJumper for pointing me to this thread.

OK… onward!
trish3usa=noobme[/QUOTE]

Hey trish3usa
Glad it worked out for you :wink:
and the volume icon you can right click on the taskbar and select properties and the the notification tab and put a check mark next to volume :bigsmile:

Have a nice day :flower:

StormJumper,

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2246826]
and the volume icon you can right click on the taskbar and select properties and the the notification tab and put a check mark next to volume
[/QUOTE]

I tried what you said … no luck!
right click taskbar - ok
select properties - ok
the next thing that pops up is “Taskbar & Start Menu Properties”.
Don’t see any “volume” to put a check mark next to. :confused:

I’m working with WinXP Pro (not XP home)… my computer guru stuck it on my computer - much to my dismay - last time I crashed.

Any other ideas?
trish3usa=NoobMe

P.S. If anyone has a website / forum to suggest I try… I’m interested in being able to fix my own computers a bit better. IE … if my HD totally crashes, installing Operating System from scratch.

Storm,
I was able to put the mini-mode of Windows Media Player in my taskbar. It is a 1.5" long thin with several icons insside (start, stop, forward, back, mute/sound, volume, etc). But nothing to checkmark.

I’m guessing this mini-mode is the best I can do now with XP pro.
I was so accustomed to having just the “speaker” icon in my taskbar.
trish3usa=NoobMe

[QUOTE=trish3usa;2246964]Storm,
I was able to put the mini-mode of Windows Media Player in my taskbar. It is a 1.5" long thin with several icons insside (start, stop, forward, back, mute/sound, volume, etc). But nothing to checkmark.

I’m guessing this mini-mode is the best I can do now with XP pro.
I was so accustomed to having just the “speaker” icon in my taskbar.
trish3usa=NoobMe[/QUOTE]

Sorry trish3usa
I don’t run my XP rig anymore since I went Vista which those steps are for Vista, however for XP go into control panel and click on “Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices”…
Now click on “Sounds and Audio Devices” and on the Volume tab put a check mark next to “Place Volume icon in the Taskbar” :wink:

Have a nice day :flower: