No Audio for AVI format

vbimport

Hello!

I just purchased DVDFab Platinum (3.0.5.0). I am trying to rip my DVDs to my hard drive.

Ripping the DVDs as VOB files works very well - perfect picture and sound.

However, ripping DVDs as AVI (portable generic) files results in no sound, but the picture is fine.

I have tried the different formats (audiocopy, mp3, etc.), and I have also made sure the volume is set to 150% with a 192bit rate.

Any help, please? Thanks!

Suggest trying 3.0.5.5. The link can be found here on the forum.

Hope this helps :iagree:

oops, that’s what i meant. still…no sound!

i f u wanna convert those to avi’s…(divx/xvid)use Auto Gk

hi, buddyboy101

However, ripping DVDs as AVI (portable generic) files results in no sound, but the picture is fine.

I have tried the different formats (audiocopy, mp3, etc.), and I have also made sure the volume is set to 150% with a 192bit rate.

What player is your use to play the avi file ? you cannot hear any voice from this file ?

Please make sure something, the audio stream is in your created file. you can use tool like Gspot or AVIMaster or virtulDub to check it. just open the file use the tool, if you can see the audio stream information, I think maybe it is your have not correct audio decode filter, so the player cannot decode the audio stream.

you can get file information from virtualDub open file, select menu file\file Information, and you can get a window like that.

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I am using the latest version of WMP on a Vista Home Premium system. I have downloaded a codec pack (Vista Codec Package) with most of the latest codecs but still no luck. It was mentioned that a problem could be that the audio stream was not being created, but how can it not be?

Install ffdshow to see the result.

[QUOTE=fengtao;1874374]Install ffdshow to see the result.[/QUOTE]

ffdshow ???

I’m having the same problem – .avi’s made with DVDfab have no audio.

Hi angelsix,

You need install audio decoder, so that player can play AVI with sound.

ffdshow, ac3filter, etc. will decode specific audio formats, please try them to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Got it. Googled ffdshow, found it (auto-install .exe file) at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761&package_id=59355&release_id=274595
Ran it, problem instantly solved! Thanks!