No audio during DVD playback - ND-2500

vbimport

Hi,

I just got the NEC-ND2500 and I can hear Audio CDs just fine, but when playing DVDs there is no audio. I’ve got the analog audio cable hooked up from the drive to the motherboard’s soundcard CDROM header. I tried it both ways with digital audo enabled and disabled. No luck. I’m using Windows XP SP1.

Please help!

Originally posted by riffy
[B]Hi,

I just got the NEC-ND2500 and I can hear Audio CDs just fine, but when playing DVDs there is no audio. I’ve got the analog audio cable hooked up from the drive to the motherboard’s soundcard CDROM header. I tried it both ways with digital audo enabled and disabled. No luck. I’m using Windows XP SP1.

Please help! [/B]

did you go into the device manager and change the drives profile from Digital to analog.

give it a try. though even if it was set to diginal and you didnt have a digital decoder it should still have sound when playing DVD MOVIES.

hmmmm

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]did you go into the device manager and change the drives profile from Digital to analog.

give it a try. though even if it was set to diginal and you didnt have a digital decoder it should still have sound when playing DVD MOVIES.

hmmmm [/B]

Yes, I unchecked the digital audio check box in the hardware properties in Device Manager, and it still didn’t make a difference.
It’s really odd that audio CDs work just fine. I’m using Nero as the DVD decoder.

Changing digital settings only affects audio cd’s. A dvd is made up of big files containing both picture data and audio data. So it reads those files and decodes them on the fly. I myself would check with another dvd decoder software. You could try searching on www.download.com for a free player or give videolan player a try (should play dvd movies as well afaik). Good luck

Thanks for the tip. I installed WinDVD from a CD that came with my motherboard, and it works now. I guess the NeroShowtime app wasn’t working right. Ah well.

Thanks for the help!