No access to your site

vbimport

on signing in.I click on forum and all i get is blank page,
why is this, it worked ok up to loading SP3 from microsoft, why does this stop it or is it somthing else?
this was sent via ubuntu /firefox
xp will not let me get this far
many thanks if anyone can help…
if uninstalling SP3 is the only answer why ?

[QUOTE=duncan30c;2073319]on signing in.I click on forum and all i get is blank page,
why is this, it worked ok up to loading SP3 from microsoft, why does this stop it or is it somthing else?
this was sent via ubuntu /firefox
xp will not let me get this far
many thanks if anyone can help…
if uninstalling SP3 is the only answer why ?[/QUOTE]

You might want to check what kinda firewall you have and cookie settings are. Looks like it preventing you from getting to the page. I have SP3 and it works fine for me. What do you mean sent via ubuntu/firefox? It would be helpful if you could’ve post what it said in the error message.

Agree with Colors it is not SP3 causing your problem

The program I used was linux/ubuntu which uses the firefox internet browser, I had no trouble posting the question with it…There was no fault number only a cdfreaks logo and the rest was a blank page…

[QUOTE=duncan30c;2073603]The program I used was linux/ubuntu which uses the firefox internet browser, I had no trouble posting the question with it…There was no fault number only a cdfreaks logo and the rest was a blank page…[/QUOTE]

So was the problem in linux not displaying everything or XP SP3? Your response is unclear and confusing…It would be advisable to use one O/S and see what the cause. We still need to know what the software installed firewall ? So are you using a dual boot system? You didn’t make that clear in your question? What also AV are you using as well.

Hi :slight_smile:
At around the time this OP was made.
I too had problems logging on. (Briefly)
So probably server error/load rather than anything else. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2073616]Hi :slight_smile:
At around the time this OP was made.
I too had problems logging on. (Breifly)
So probably server error/load rather than anything else. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

True that could be also the problem but if he was able to use ubuntu to get to cdfreaks. How come he couldn’t get to it if it was XP that was giving him problem? If more info was provided we can try to figure out what the cause was. Yes, there are times server can’t be reached…I seen that happened on cdfreaks…but you should restart your computer if that happens and go to another site to test the connection to check if your side is working ok.

Hi :slight_smile:
Could be he tried via XP, then Ubuntu.
During which time the problem was sorted.
I know around that time I had problems for about 5 mins.
So very brief.
I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
So I am not sure it has anything to do with XP.

I will wait to see what the OP reply is.

operating system XP HOME SP3,AVG freeZONEALARM proIf I cannot get onto your site how can I post the question?To get on your site I tried LINUX (UBUNTU) and it worked,all answers have been received through windows XP ,internet explorer 7,thanks to all, the problem has now resolved itself some how…