No access to MyCE webservers from home

vbimport

Starting wednesday this week, I have been completely unable to connect to the MyCE webservers from home, independent of which physical pc I use and which browser I use.

It doesn’t appear to be a routing problem, since I can ping www.myce.com just fine.

I don’t have any problem connecting to other websites.

So I’m wondering if you have recently started blocking some IP addresses from connecting to your web servers (www.myce.com and club.myce.com) ?

Or maybe you all just got tired of me and hellbanned me? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is posted from work where I’m not blocked from accessing MyCE.

Plus if we really had hellbanned you you wouldn’t be able to access it from work either, LOL! :bigsmile:

Not sure what’s going on there Roar but it’s working fine from work here.

It’s unlikely that we would have blocked your IP but given the difficulties you’re having one of the Senior Admins can no doubt check that for you.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Even if your IP was in a banned IP area, you should still see some error message I guess. But I’ll send you the range of banned IP addresses via PM. Maybe you can check if your IP at home is within one of the listed ranges.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2690736]Starting wednesday this week, I have been completely unable to connect to the MyCE webservers from home, independent of which physical pc I use and which browser I use.

It doesn’t appear to be a routing problem, since I can ping www.myce.com just fine.

I don’t have any problem connecting to other websites.

So I’m wondering if you have recently started blocking some IP addresses from connecting to your web servers (www.myce.com and club.myce.com) ?

Or maybe you all just got tired of me and hellbanned me? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is posted from work where I’m not blocked from accessing MyCE.[/QUOTE]
Uninstall your Firewall and try it again, maybe its a user error, even Dragons make mistakes.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

From a quick test, this is what is displayed if I try browsing the forum with a banned IP address:

While the StopForumSpam plug-in uses an IP blacklist, this only blocks new registrations from affected IPs. This plug-in does not prevent users with blacklisted IPs from browsing the forum or logging in with an existing account.

Drage, did you get in again? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2691058]Drage, did you get in again? :)[/QUOTE] Not from home, no.

My IP is not among the list of blocked addresses.

My software firewall cannot be the problem since I’m blocked from two different PCs at home, running different versions of Windows.

My web browser cannot be the problem since I’m blocked regardless of which browser I use.

Routing cannot be the problem since I’m able to ping club.myce.com and www.myce.com.

I don’t know what’s going on. :confused:

Are you having this problem with any other web site ?

Do you use the same anti virus or malware on both computers ?

Just a side note my OS blocks ping to any site including club.myce.com but I can still get on them.

Roar, can you visit this page: http://static.ultrafastcdn.com/site_css/print.css ?

@ DoMiN8ToR , If it helps . When I click the link I get a quick IE & then a notepad.
labeled print.css

[QUOTE=cholla;2691104]Are you having this problem with any other web site ?[/QUOTE] Not that I know of.

Do you use the same anti virus or malware on both computers ?
Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials. But I also use this on my work computer which has no problem connecting. I’ll try what happens without MSE enabled at home later.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2691106]Roar, can you visit this page: http://static.ultrafastcdn.com/site_css/print.css ?[/QUOTE] From work, yes. I’ll try at home later.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2691106]Roar, can you visit this page: http://static.ultrafastcdn.com/site_css/print.css ?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2691112]From work, yes. I’ll try at home later.[/QUOTE] I was able to visit your linked page also from home.

[QUOTE=cholla;2691104]Do you use the same anti virus or malware on both computers ?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2691111]Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials. But I also use this on my work computer which has no problem connecting. I’ll try what happens without MSE enabled at home later.[/QUOTE] Switching off MSE makes no difference. Running Windows XP without MSE or any other anti-virus inside a virtual machine also makes no difference. In either case I cannot connect from home.

I would say you can eliminate your computers now as the problem .
On to the router.
Can you temporarily just bypass the router & connect strait to the modem.
That should eliminate the router.

Does your router or modem have any kind of site blocking that club.myce could have got put on ?

We don’t seem to be blacklisted (phew) http://www.blacklistmaster.com/check

But maybe something we’re unaware of has us blocked :frowning:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2691235]Switching off MSE makes no difference. Running Windows XP without MSE or any other anti-virus inside a virtual machine also makes no difference. In either case I cannot connect from home.[/QUOTE]

Have you any portable devices, phone, tablet etc. that you could try accessing the site through using your Wi-Fi?

That would confirm if it’s a PC related issue or a block somewhere else.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2691238]On to the router.
Can you temporarily just bypass the router & connect strait to the modem.
That should eliminate the router.[/QUOTE] Can I do that? Yes.
Do I want to try that? I’ll have to think about it, since it could create a whole new problem on the pc if the Windows Firewall isn’t good enough to block Internet attacks.

Does your router or modem have any kind of site blocking that club.myce could have got put on ?
Nothing is blocked in my router, although it’s technically capable of blocking sites.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2691267]Have you any portable devices, phone, tablet etc. that you could try accessing the site through using your Wi-Fi?

That would confirm if it’s a PC related issue or a block somewhere else.[/QUOTE] Dunno if you count my netbook which runs Windows XP and connects through Wi-Fi. My netbook also cannot connect to MyCE from home.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2691360]Dunno if you count my netbook which runs Windows XP and connects through Wi-Fi. My netbook also cannot connect to MyCE from home.[/QUOTE]

Almost as good.

It confirms that it’s not a configuration problem on your main PC.

I presume that you haven’t set up any blocks recently on your router and it seems we’re not blocking you so I think the problem is likely to be with your ISP.

Perhaps contacting them and asking them why you can’t access the site would reveal where the problem lies?

[B]Wombler[/B]