Nikon Coolpix S1 not working -only showing exclamation point!

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Nikon Coolpix S1 SilverDigital Foto 5.1. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I have 2 issues with my Nikon Coolpix S1. 1. Is there any way to fix the lcd display?–only the bottom half of it is showing an image. 2. Recently, when I turn it on, all I see is a red exclamation point and the camera does not work. Any advice?

Welcome to CD Freaks :wink:

Going by what you describe, it’s quite likely a broken circuit within the camera. If the camera is still under warranty, I would suggest contacting Nikon to have it serviced. If the warranty is up, you’ll likely be better off replacing the camera, as repair cost will likely come to more than what a new camera of similar or better spec would cost.

The only other suggestion I have is to try a different SD card, in case the exlamation mark is about a problem with the card. However, this is will unlikely fix the issue with the screen.

Although I wished for a better answer, I reaqlly appreciate the response. Thank you! Scott