Nikolaki

vbimport

Hi there, I am currently trying to research for a free MP3 converter so that i can convert all my CDs to mp3 for general usage and then arhcive the cds. I am after a hight quality sound cnverter that converts into mp3 and this is as close to cd quality as possible (?is that 192kbps conversion?). the size of the file is not the concern but rather the quality of the sound is. I was using Adobe Audition for this in the past on a freinds computer but need to invest in my own software. Anyone’s advice would be greatly appreciated!!;
:stuck_out_tongue:

If you want MP3, go for www.exactaudiocopy.de and LAME Encoder

If you want the best quality, but it can be a different file format, try FLAC or APE.
More information in our Audio section.

[quote=nikolaki1976;2081556]Hi there, I am currently trying to research for a free MP3 converter so that i can convert all my CDs to mp3 for general usage and then arhcive the cds. I am after a hight quality sound cnverter that converts into mp3 and this is as close to cd quality as possible (?is that 192kbps conversion?). the size of the file is not the concern but rather the quality of the sound is. I was using Adobe Audition for this in the past on a freinds computer but need to invest in my own software. Anyone’s advice would be greatly appreciated!!;
:p[/quote]
Why not try using windows media player as it can convert to mp3 and it’s free

Exact Audio Copy is free too…and unrivaled MP3 quality in combination with LAME Encoder…

many thanks for that guys… looks like exactaudiocopy it is

I have reattempted EAC after other members’ configuration advice, and after reconfiguring as per the website guide link provided by creative_nick, I still get excessively long ripping. I am using a 1.6 core2duo cpu and 2gb ram laptop. I’m wondering if i need to set up on a desktop instead and see if i have more luck. Incidentally, i tried media player’s ripper that does 320kbps rips and it ripped one of my cds in no time. I have yet to compare the two mp3 versions from these 2 different ripping media on my sound system, but interested if anyone has any take on the media player ripper, and the quality of its encoder?? Many thanks all!

@nikolaki: Why do you have two threadsgoing on the same topic? That’s very confusing and even against the forum rules.