Nick and norah won't back up

cannot get disc to read on my computer. i have backed up many other discs on the same system. anydvd doesn’t recognize it.

What version of anydvd are you using? Also will it read and or play the disk if you do not have anydvd running.

[QUOTE=blix70;2212040]cannot get disc to read on my computer. i have backed up many other discs on the same system. anydvd doesn’t recognize it.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a new encryption strategy??.. since I am having the same thing going on with The Secret Life of Bees Bluray disc.
Plays on my Sony Bluray player, but isn’t seen by neither my PC nor AnyDVD-HD.

I posted about it at Slysoft Forums.

ripped movie only mode, Both tiltes no prob with AD 6522 and Clonedvd2920

and rips are visible to dvd-shrink

thought i’d add to this thread instead of starting a new one.

i bought this dvd a few days ago and I want to put it on my screenplay media player as well, but my PC will not recognise the disk at all.

i have a lite-on dvd-rw drive which recognises any other dvd movie i put in it, and also reads and writes dvd’s and cd’s as well.

i put my copy of nick and norah in and it won’t even recognise that there’s a disk present in the drive …

any ideas?

good chance you got a bad disk where did you purchase it?

i thought it might be a bad copy as well, but my dvd recorder in my living room recognises it no problem and plays it fine - no skips, jumps or any issues with picture or sound.

that does not always mean it is 100 percent good have seen movies that were bad that would play on a dvd player and not on a computer. Also not knowing where you purchased it I do not know if it is a valid dvd or a copied dvd that someone is selling as legal dvd. There are people out there who make copies and then sell them as it they were legal copies. If you purchases it at a store I would return it and tell them it is bad dvd and get a replacement. I would not tell them that the problem is that it will not play on the computer just that it will not always play.

i did purchase it legitimately at a store so i’ll probably do that and see what happens.

my dvd burner has been a bit suspect to be fair - i usually have to reboot my whole machine before I burn a DVD just to ensure i get a proper copy …