Nice things to say about Nero?

vbimport

I don´t know if this thread will live very long…
But the idea is to post something here…like you were surprised when it actually worked or the Ahead engineer gave you flowers or something…
or not!!!
ok?

I´ll start cos today I had a good experience with customer support:
The story goes like this…

I´m considering upgrading from v6 to v7

As we all know, this is a scarey process…there is a good chance nothing on my computer will ever work again

No-one in the world can really tell you what exactly you are getting with your personal verson of Nero cos it depends on the country you live in and if you bought a disc in a package or downloaded it from Ahead, oh, and the day of the week, and your gender, your sexual orientation and so on…

So, I sent them an email to ask

1. what the differences were between the retail and the download versions
  2. can I install the retail version bought here in Germany, in English.

They wrote back :eek: almost immediately :flower:
They almost answered the questions:

Dear Mr. Hairy Hippie*

Thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

You can install the multiinstaller and then you have the possibility to install different languages.

With the downloadable serial number you have the possibility to download the program directly from our homepage.

The retail package is the cd version of Nero 7.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely

Simone Brennstoff*

Nero Sales

So I wasn´t clear where one got the multi-installer for the language options…from the pack or download, or if it applied to one or both options, and there was no info about what the differences were.

So I wrote back…numbering my question to make sure it was clear.
And, I mentioned the numerous usually negative discussions about the Nero products here in the cdfreaks forums… :iagree:

Got a great answer, again very quickly, from Nathalie

Dear Mr Hairy Hippie*,

Thank you for your email.

On CDs you can buy in stores there is always the multi-installer on the installation cd. So you can choose during the installation which languages you want to install.

The downloadable version is the same one as the cd version. All updates are for free. It does not matter if you have the cd version or the downloadable version.

I do not want to decide which version you shall buy. If you prefer to have an installation cd you can buy the cd version. If you have the possibility to download, the downloadable version is the better version, because with the cd version you never get the actual version.

In the latest version of downloadable or cd versions all Plug-Ins are included.

The discussions of forums like club.cdfreaks.com are relative things. Have these customer ever contacted our technical support to get help?

Should you have any other request, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely,

Natalie Nochheisser*
Sales Support

Well…that was pretty cool…so I replied thanking her, and asked for a date but, well it was worth a shot I thought…
I signed off in German wishing her a nice weekend…since this was clearly the German office, and she replied again, in German… :cop:
(I´m including this cos some of you can read German)

Sehr geehrter Herr Hairy Hippietraumweiter*,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Da wir beide aus Deutschland sind ist es wohl einfacher die Kommunikation auf deutsch fortzuführen.

Zu dem Kommentar im Diskussionsforum “I have tried to contact customer support and am still waiting for an answer” bleibt von unserer Seite nur zu sagen, dass JEDER Kunde Antwort von uns bekommt. Leider kann es durch sehr viele Anfragen dazu kommen, dass die Antwort um ein paar Tage verzögert kommt und nicht am selben Tag oder nach 2 Tagen. Wenn bei uns Sonderaktionen laufen, wie zum Beispiel an Weihnachten, haben wir ein sehr hohes E-Mail Aufkommen und dementsprechend kann die Beantwortungszeit variieren.

Es freut mich jedoch sehr zu lesen, dass Sie positive Erfahrungen mit der Nero AG gemacht haben und wir sind bemüht, die E-Mail Anfragen so schnell wie möglich zu beantworten.

Sollten Sie weitere Fragen haben, stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Natalie Nochheisser*
Nero Sales

…basically saying that at very busy times such as around Christmas they can get so overloaded with enquiries that answers can take a couple of days, but they really will answer you…

So, what´s it all about?

Just sharing the experience…

I´ve had some nightmares with my v6 but it´s mostly ok now, and I wanna upgrade. Who know what my next post will be like???

What about yours???

• names have been changed to protect familes

Crikey, let me sit down and recover :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, I think I’m in love with Natalie :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to know at least some body had good experiences with Nero and its people and then is fair enough to put it on the table so that other people know there other side of coin that is shining.

nero 7 ultra is better then Roxio Easy Media Creator 9
but nero 7 ultra is a huge cpur hog Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 uses about 30% less cpu jucie then nero