NHL 2002 and clonecd 3.1

vbimport

what settings do i use to back it up , i just selected read subcode data and audio , and i get all of these failed to read sectors for a long time , how can i back this game up ?

thanks

sorry didn’t mean to start a new thread didn’t see the other one right below me

It doesn’t matter you started a new thread :slight_smile:

Your game is protected with SafeDisc 2 so it’s normal you get read errors. Just enable the ‘Fast Error Skip’ setting in CloneCD and you good to go. For more info on SafeDisc 2 check this article.

ok i used clonecd enabled Fast Error skip read the cd and wrote the cd with my Yamah 20X , still nothing , any other suggestions ??? i didn’t have read Subchannel audio or data because i heard i didn’t need it for Safedisc2 stuff , what format should i burn it as DAO etc in Clonecd

thanks

You didn’t mention you had a Yamaha writer! These drives can’t do SafeDisc 2 so you’ll need to resort to other options mentioned in the article. A SafeDisc 2 writers list can be found at www.sd2.does.it .

Ps. Indeed you don’t have to use SubChannel Data reading for SafeDisc. Only FES…

uh my burner is listed when i write the file back to the Burner what do i select DAO , raw dao , sao etc

thanks

Isn’t it possible to use betabloker if you can’t do with your own burner?

I think that is the way around you can copy SD2 copyprotection game if your yamaha is supported.

SD2 protection is so complecated and produces so many exceptions.

Originally posted by too2buff
[B]uh my burner is listed when i write the file back to the Burner what do i select DAO , raw dao , sao etc

thanks [/B]
RAW DAO. This is CloneCD’s most powerfull mode. When available always use this mode.

Originally posted by uglyduck
[B]Isn’t it possible to use betabloker if you can’t do with your own burner?

I think that is the way around you can copy SD2 copyprotection game if your yamaha is supported.

SD2 protection is so complecated and produces so many exceptions. [/B]
SafeDisc 2 isn’t that complicated. When you have a good (read: compatible) writer SafeDisc 2 is easy… The troubles start when you don’t have one of these writers. Then you can indeed use BetaBlocker.

well I used my Yamaha <supported 2200E> to read and write and i have close to 10 coasters , so thats why i think all of these options ahve something to do with it , i shouldn’t have Repair Subchannel data checked right

To do the correct settings you need to know the protection used. At a minimum we need to know the disc title. You need an SD2 capable writer to copy SD2 protected titles or you’ll just get coasters.

“Don’t repair…” is for PSX after reading both subs.
SafeDisc does not require subs (Fast error skip only)
SecuROM & Protect-CD need data subs
LaserLock needs Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner (IBSS)

hey futureproof thanks for the help about don’t repair , and no offense but the name of the thread was NHL 2002 and Clonecd don’t take this the wrong way i ain’t tryin to be a jerk

even with don’t repair , and using the yamaha as a reader and a writer NHL has safedisc 2 protection i still get coasters , oh well one more time i’ll go at it

Sorry :o I’m in two or three or more forums when I connect & get lost sometimes. Your Yammy won’t do SafeDisc2

but according to the site above it WILL do it , my burner was listed on the Safedisc2 compatible burners if it doesn’t than that Blows

look here http://www.elby.org/CloneCD/english/cdr_a.htm for officially supported writers (SD2 is the green dot in the fifth column). A Ricoh MP7163A (Samsung chipset) will make a backup of RA2 that only works in the burner - I have, go figure; but it’s not officially recognised, probably like your Yammy :confused:

btw, add the new TEAC 24x 524 to both lists

Originally posted by FutureProof
btw, add the new TEAC 24x 524 to both lists
Done :smiley: I added it under ‘TEAC CD-W524E’ Thanks for the info m8!

How does Betablocker work (not in detail) I own a Teac 12x10x32, and a Pioneer DVD Slot-In, Both couldn’t read it. I read it in a Plexwriter 16x ?x ?x, burned it and it also DIDN’T work. I used Betablocker on the file, but it was no luck (as described in the readme). I still got “plese…”

And as far as ATIP goes, I used a system with only the Plexwriter, NO readers, and still get the probs…

I’ve tried:
Betablocker, Insektors, and both didn’t work. So I now made a copy with a crack, but I don’t want that, I want one with a protection, so others can’t copy it if they don’t know anthing about SafeDisc v2

In short: BetaBlocker modifies the SafeDisc 2 sectors so the writer will make a regulair bit pattern when writing the image. Normally an incompatible writer will make irregulair bit patterns because SafeDisc 2 overloads the EFM Encoder.

The Plextor 16x can’t handle SafeDisc 2 and you’ll have to use progs like BetaBlocker, PlayBackup etc. If these don’t work cracks are the only sollution :frowning:

too2buff, get a copy of clony from here. it will read the protection that is on a cd and tell you the settings to use to copy it.

thanks netman after using clony it finally worked

YAHOOIE

thanks again