NFS: Underground

I’m trying to make a backup of NFS:U. From what I have read by searching the forums the settings one must use are very hardware dependant, so I decided to post this so you people could hopefully tell me what setting to use. I have a LG GCE-85-25B writer. I’m using Alcohol 120%.

Also, would using higher quality media make a big difference? Or would cheap stuff do about the same job. And does write speed affect the quality of the backup?

is this for an xbox or ps2 console?

Pc

Okiedokie, first of all, welcome to CD Freaks!

Second, from memory, this drive is 52x32x52 LG CD Writer, which is 2 sheep. Read and write with the SafeDisc (not 2/3) profile, and that should do the trick. Remember to enable Ignore Media Type from Alcohol 120% Emulation options if playing the backup from a burner.

Now, about the speeds/media, better quality writing media does help, as does using CD-RWs. For reading the CD, you can use maximum. But for writing the CD, it is essential that you burn at 4x. This can mean the difference between a good backup and a bad backup.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

It is indeed 52x32x52. Ill try burning it tonight. Thanks a lot!

For the record, I have successfully backupped NFS:U using aforementioned settings, software, and hardware. I however used a burning speed of 8x, as it wouldn’t go down to 4x. I was also using very cheap media (I paid it about .20$ a pop)

Thanks for your help CyberWiz!

Remember that game is Safedisk 2.90.040 and the backups made with your drive will not work in all drives. In order to get a perfect 1:1 copy you will need a nice Asus CRW-5224A, LG DVD-recorder or newest models of Liteon Combos CDRWs.

No, the newest LG burner are SafeDisc 2 Killers.

Mine and other two are not capable sorry :wink:
May be the fw 1.00 is better than 1.01/1.02 of these. The only I know is that the chipset is a mediatek (I think) v7 like my dead Liteon 52327S and that drive and these LG cdrws failed in my toshiba devices and old creative and LG cdrom drives 52x.

I made a 1:1 copy of NFSU using alcohol 120%. I set it to read sub channel data, with the safedisk profile. It has worked on several drives, including an old 16x TDK burner, and a lite on ltr 166s

Strange, you shouldn’t need to read the Subchannel for SafeDisc.