"NFS HP 2" strikes back (beta patch): copy doesn't work anymore

I copied Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 one month ago and it worked. I thought it is a 1:1 copy.

Now I installed the beta patch for that game and after that the game realizes very fast that it is not the original CD. The game refuses to start. Only with the original CD it starts.

I used the latest Alcohol Software when I made the copy.

How could they strike back? And how can I make a working copy for all times of that game?

What cd recorder do you have? Did you use bypass efm encoding?

Where did you download the patch?

I’ll check for new safedisc 2 version.

Originally posted by DiAvOl
[B]What cd recorder do you have? Did you use bypass efm encoding?

Where did you download the patch?

I’ll check for new safedisc 2 version. [/B]

See what burner I have a few lines below this text.

I don’t know if I bypassed efm encoding. I just used the standard settings in Alcohol for Safedisc 2.8x.

Go to www.needforspeed.com

We’ve been told that with respect to SD2.8x there is a pre-gap issue. The first pre-gap is Blocks 150 to 0 before Track 1. As it stands right now, CloneCD and Alcohol (in all its forms) for example, cannot read that area. It’s only emulated so shortfalls like this and others are easy to pick off…a “turkey shoot” for Macrovision if you like.

Well I downloaded and installed the beta patch (solely for testing purposes since as far as I could see the patch does nothing at all to improve gameplay).

I then tested it with my ddump/fireburner copy (that’s the one I keep btw) and it still works.

I then ran off another copy with alcohol and it worked too.

Accordingly, I have no idea why your original back-up is no longer working. :confused: Why not just make a new one or else uninstall and then re-install without applying the beta patch (since I can’t see that it does anything useful anyway)?

I will try to copy it again when the beta patch is final (so that I can test it for sure). Maybe Alcohol software has been improved so that you don’t have problems now like me.

I’ve also tested the beta patch (NFSHP2_patch242_Beta ) and works fine. I’ve an ASUS CRW-5224A.