Nforce owners

well most of ya all no nforce has bad ide drivers. well also you may know monday nvidia wi8lll relase new ide drivers. well thats the rumer. do you think it will inprove burning?i a course i use microsofts drivers

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
There’s nothing an IDE driver can do to “improve burning”, but it sure can screw it up.

Actually, 3.44 version is pretty decent, if hd spin down during restart is not a problem for you. Previous versions had some major issues. About new drviers - well, they have been releasing them for quite a long time.

only reason i use nforce is they lock the agp and pci.bus. so my little amd xp that should run at 1740 mhz is at 2400 mhz

For me it’s APU, that is absolutely excellent. Too bad NV removed it from NForce 3 range (good work NV, keep it up :frowning: :confused: )

nvidia has made too many users, including myself, too paranoid to actually use the ide drivers until they’ve been confirmed by everyone else that they work.

i’m not sure why this thread is in the lite-on forum.

Got 2 nForce2 mobos, have tried the nForce IDE drivers. No thank you even if they made the new drivers so good it raises my current hard drives’ transfer rate by 2 fold. My systems are running fine atm, and I’d like to keep it that way.

It’s really worth trying (3.44). Anyway, there’s been new verions (3.66) since yesterday. It works really well (and no problems with spin down).

Originally posted by soltys
It’s really worth trying (3.44). Anyway, there’s been new verions (3.66) since yesterday. It works really well (and no problems with spin down).

Do they come with NV IDE drivers as well? Did you try them? What are your findings? On what OS are you?

That’s a lot of questions eh :wink:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]Do they come with NV IDE drivers as well? Did you try them? What are your findings? On what OS are you?

That’s a lot of questions eh :wink: [/B]

they come both with in-the-box and full (for xp). for w2k - they’ve included full version as well (for the first time)

Of course I’ve tried them (I’ve been running on mixed/leaked post 2.45 UDP versions for some time and they worked without problems as well).
People reports’ about IDE (full) component have been quite good so far, with many happy burners that had problems with burning earlier.
Currently I run on xpsp1a+hotfixes.

Check sections of this forum for more feedback (this is where I sorta originate from :wink: )

The new Nforce drivers work fine for me:bigsmile:

Originally posted by soltys

Where are you getting these versions from??? Nvidia is only up to 3.13.

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
Where are you getting these versions from??? Nvidia is only up to 3.13.

3.13 is only package’s number. Specific drivers have their own versions:

Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 3.66
Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)

ah! Gotcha! :slight_smile:

So far I haven’t seen any problems, but no real improvements either. Was using ther Asus 1.16’s prior to the nVidia 3.13’s.

i do not have any problems with the new IDE drivers, I have yet to do a benchmark comparing to the previous.

one thing tho:
I am using an IDE RAID card (silicon image chip). I installed this card with the previous nVidia drivers allready installed. Everything works perfect.

Now, these 3.13 drivers came out. I uninstalled the old nVidia drivers completely & rebooted and installed the new 3.13 driver set, boom … after reboot blue screen. I was quite irritated. after fiddling around for 3 hours trying to get these new drivers to work on my current winXP install, i decided to reformat completely and start on a fresh winXP install.

now everything works perfect. Alot of people have been reporting not a single problem installing these new drivers over the old ones. I am not sure if that PCI IDE RAID card has anything to do with the blue-screen-bootups, but got everythign to work now.

I did a PCmark2002 4 days ago, so I have a very fresh benchmark to compare the one im going to do tonight when i get home with these new 3.13 drivers. I’ll post the findings here for your curiosity.

sorry for rambling.

Originally posted by voodooutt
I did a PCmark2002 4 days ago, so I have a very fresh benchmark to compare the one im going to do tonight when i get home with these new 3.13 drivers.

I dont think that it will be a fair comparison, considering you are on a clean load of Windows now and you weren’t 4 days ago. But still, I would like to see the diff.

Thanks

yeah, i see your point, but I re-do my windows install basically once a month :slight_smile:

so, it was kinda fresh… but here it is:

3.13’s

2.45’s

How much do you have your Duron overclocked! Damn!

Looks like your memory went down but CPU and HDD scores went up a bit.

I dont own a benchmark program like PCMark so I cant post a score.

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
[B]How much do you have your Duron overclocked! Damn!

Looks like your memory went down but CPU and HDD scores went up a bit.

I dont own a benchmark program like PCMark so I cant post a score. [/B]

PCMARK2002 is free DL. PCMARK 2002 DL

Thats not a Duron, its a 2500 Barton coupled with an Epox 8rda+ and for some reason those benchmarks read it as a Duron… go figure…

and the scores are so close, its hardly noticable when playing around on games, desktop apps… encoding… etc etc etc…