Nexxtech DVD-R MADE IN HONG KONG

Let me be one to tell you to NOT BUY Nexxtech blank dvd media
(made in HONG KONG sold at circuit city)!
Avoid this stuff like the plague… even if they were to give it away free after rebate… (which they don’t do anymore). The pi/pif error rates are through the roof… 100k+ / 2000-6000 pif on multiple dvd recorders…
What recording layer dye did they use for this stuff, crazy glue? Wheat gluten?
I’m using these as “throw away media” because I know they will probably go bad much sooner than good quality media with such high error rates… spend the extra $5/per 50pk and get good stuff on sale (name brand). Why does HK produce stuff this bad… ? It really isn’t worth the resources to make the stuff… it can’t cost that many more fractions of a cent per disc to make it with quality materials… can it?

[QUOTE=tmc8080;1974517]Let me be one to tell you to NOT BUY Nexxtech blank dvd media
(made in HONG KONG sold at circuit city)!
Avoid this stuff like the plague… even if they were to give it away free after rebate… (which they don’t do anymore). The pi/pif error rates are through the roof… 100k+ / 2000-6000 pif on multiple dvd recorders…
What recording layer dye did they use for this stuff, crazy glue? Wheat gluten?
I’m using these as “throw away media” because I know they will probably go bad much sooner than good quality media with such high error rates… spend the extra $5/per 50pk and get good stuff on sale (name brand). Why does HK produce stuff this bad… ? It really isn’t worth the resources to make the stuff… it can’t cost that many more fractions of a cent per disc to make it with quality materials… can it?[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I go burn down their factories :stuck_out_tongue:

All DVD media made in China/Hong Kong are crap at best :bigsmile:

Nexxtech however used to be made in Taiwan in 8X days and I got 4 spindles of 25 discs for 3.99$ per pack and they were CMC MAG E01 which is even better than my previous experience with HP E01s :slight_smile:

Don’t blame the brand , blame the COO :stuck_out_tongue:

Back a few years ago the Nexxtech -R’s were Verbie RG20’s 8X Made In Taiwan. I still have some.

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1974664]Nexxtech however used to be made in Taiwan in 8X days…[/QUOTE]

They still are. There are plenty of those 8x 25-packs still languishing on the shelves, because they don’t put them on sale anymore, and because the 8x 25-packs of TDKs were a better deal last year.

As for the MIHK stuff, it’s the same as the Dynex at Best Buy and the Playo at Staples. It’s all made by the same two companies, AML and UME. However, the ones that use fake MCC media codes do tend to burn decently, especially the +Rs.

I have had no problems with my Nexxtech’s!

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1974540]If I were you, I go burn down their factories :p[/QUOTE]

It’s not necessarily Nexxtech I’m angry at… it’s Circuit City for allowing such crappy product to sit on their retail shelf. They deserve to go out of business for selling such crap. Retailers should refuse to sell this product! I know I’m not the first to complain about this… quality for dvd’s overall has gone down IMHO and that includes even the top producers such as Taiyo Yuden. If the top makers were making better media… the bottom of the barrel wouldn’t be caught dead producing media that gets pif error rates of several thousand or worse coaster city. Most of the nexxtech discs I’m burning complete the process… but, the scans are total crap. I also had a 50pk of dvd-rs… I think it was windata (Microcenter store brand) … these discs were worse… NONE would burn… some discs actually showed layer separation of the dye… had to throw them out!

The next time I get crappy media, it’s going back for a refund… and if they refuse to refund the media… I will let everyone know which stores should be boycotted.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;1977699]It’s not necessarily Nexxtech I’m angry at… it’s Circuit City for allowing such crappy product to sit on their retail shelf. They deserve to go out of business for selling such crap. Retailers should refuse to sell this product! I know I’m not the first to complain about this… quality for dvd’s overall has gone down IMHO and that includes even the top producers such as Taiyo Yuden. If the top makers were making better media… the bottom of the barrel wouldn’t be caught dead producing media that gets pif error rates of several thousand or worse coaster city. Most of the nexxtech discs I’m burning complete the process… but, the scans are total crap. I also had a 50pk of dvd-rs… I think it was windata (Microcenter store brand) … these discs were worse… NONE would burn… some discs actually showed layer separation of the dye… had to throw them out!

The next time I get crappy media, it’s going back for a refund… and if they refuse to refund the media… I will let everyone know which stores should be boycotted.[/QUOTE]

If you only burn a couple from a package and give them all back you will get a full refund. No questions asked!