Nexus 7 2013 and Android 6 (Marshmallow)

vbimport

Anyone else tried this combination? I have to have root on my tablet, and the only way I could do this was to use a custom kernel. Google has changed some of the security settings in Marshmallow. And for some reason, I had enormous problems booting into TWRP to flash the new kernel and Super SU.

I wound up using the ElementalX kernel for Marshmallow, and it seems to be working just fine for my limited uses.

This was the first time that the Wugfresh Nexus Root Tookit failed me when working with my Nexus 7. Trying their method of rooting the tablet sent it into an endless loop upon reboot. It did allow me to get into TWRP however, when the normal method continued to fail.

I think I’ve spent more time maintaining root than any other task with this tablet! :slight_smile: But it is necessary to access my external microSD card with all my movies.

Nope. I’m waiting for the OTA update to authentically hit my Nexus 7. I could pull it down and install it manually, but I was impatient the last time around (5.1? 5.0? One of those two.)

It has made it to my Nexus Player (device for use with your TV). It has introduced a little instability making me wary of seeing it on the Nexus 7, due to the number of applications I know will probably need 2 or 3 updates to iron out bugs.

Same as Albert here, I’m waiting for the OTA update and it’s expected to arrive soon for the Nexus devices.

Marshmallow has some very interesting features though and it’s a major upgrade.

I’m particularly looking forward to getting the improved battery life on standby with the new “Doze” feature and the ability to deny apps individual permissions.

BTW I have a Nexus 7 2013 but I’ve just bought a Nexus 9 which I’m very pleased with so far.

[B]Wombler[/B]