Next weeks ads (7/05/09 US)

Good morning and Happy 4th of July weekend. It’s time for this week’s media round-up:

Radio Shack: Gigaware 16x -R and +R 25 packs no spindle, $ 6.00 (2 for $12)

Radio Shack: Gigaware 52x CD-R 700mb 50 packs no spindle, $ 7.00

Best Buy: Sony 16x -R and +R 50 packs, $ 12.99

Best Buy: Sony 48x CD-R 700mb 50 packs, $ 7.99

Best Buy: Memorex 2x mini-DVD RW w/ Jewel cases 3 packs, $ 9.99

Best Buy: Verbatim 2.4x +R DL 20 packs, $ 22.99

Staples: Memorex 16x -R (-R only) 25 packs, $ 4.98

K-mart: Sony 16x -R and +R 25 packs, $9.99

K-mart: Sony CD-R Music 25 packs, $ 9.99

K-mart: Sony CD-R 700mb 50 packs, $ 9.99

Fry’s: Maxell 16x -R and +R 100 packs, $ 19.99

Fry’s: Memorex +R DL 25 packs, $ 19.99

Office Depot: TDK 16x -R and +R 50 packs, $ 10.99

Office Depot: TDK 52x CD-R 700mb 50 packs, $ 10.99

Office Depot: TDK 52x CD-R Printable w/ Slim Jewel Cases 10 packs, $ 4.99

Office Max: No ad

thank you very much

Thanks Dalen Quaice.

Thank you sir :slight_smile:

Thanks Dalen.

Thank you Dalen Quaice

Nice . . . thanks for putting that together.

Thanks Dalen,
budzos

Thank you:bigsmile:

I can not find the Verbatim DL media on the Best Buy web site…can some one give me a link on that one 20 pack $22.99…thanks

I looked through the online add…is the local or what?

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2303477]I can not find the Verbatim DL media on the Best Buy web site…can some one give me a link on that one 20 pack $22.99…thanks.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7642562&st=verbatim+dvd&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1134697746286

Best Buy seem to erroneously refer to the 2.4x DL discs as being 6x, but we have established that they are in fact 2.4x discs given their Verbatim part number. This is probably why you couldn’t find these.

thanks

Thanks. Is Ripit on vacation?

Thank you ver much Negritude and Dalen for clearing that up.:bow::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2303511]Best Buy seem to erroneously refer to the 2.4x DL discs as being 6x, but we have established that they are in fact 2.4x discs given their Verbatim part number. This is probably why you couldn’t find these.[/QUOTE]

The disks are 2.4x-6x, so Best Buy is partly correct.

Also, most burners only burn 2.4x DL media well at 4x or 6x, so 2.4x is essentially a useless speed. The drive manufacturers don’t even care about optimizing or fixing their firmware for 2.4x burning. Just about every drive in existence burns 2.4x DL media better at 4x than 2.4x. They might as well take 2.4x off the packaging.

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2303516]Is Ripit on vacation?[/QUOTE]

No. Ripit is on hiatus while he tries to deal with computer issues. The virus that infected his machine as well as the site where the ads were posted, threw him for a bit of a loop. Dalen has taken over in the meantime.

10% off blank media coupon valid MONDAY ONLY
if your a Best Buy Rewards Club member

BRZ117_JulyESE_CPNs1.zip (76.8 KB)

Good lookin’ out Dalen Quaice!

It has been a while since I bought any media from B & M stores…probably a year.

I tried two Best Buys in West Knoxville (Tennessee)…no Verbatim DL, but would honor ad (up to 4 packs sent to my home with out shipping charge), but then how do you know where they were made? They used to have a good 50 feet of media in one store…they are down to about 12 feet of junk media. They did have a couple spindles of Verb media but not many. I asked the guy why they cut down on the media…he said they just do not ship them to us any more.

I tried Office Depot there also (maybe would honor the ad)…they had no Verb media at all?

I tried Staples…also no Verb media at all.

I tried Office Max in East Knoxville…no Verb DL at all. They had a couple spindles of 50PK Verb Single Layer.

I ended up getting a 50 pack spindle of Verb DL 2.4x MIS at SAMS (new purple package) ($59 figured I would buy them while I had the chance).

Not sure why all the stores in this area are cutting back on the media supply so much. Every store has cut back their inventory by 50% or more?