Next weeks ads (5/9/10) US

vbimport

Happy Mother’s Day, myce! It is time to get mom some media. Here is this week’s in-store media roundup:

Best Buy: Verbatim 16x +R and -R 50 packs, $ 12.99

Best Buy: Verbatim 2.4x DL 20 packs, $ 29.99

Target: Sony 16x +R and -R 50 packs, $ 12.99

Target: Sony 48x CD-R 700mb 100 packs, $ 12.99

Office Depot: TDK 16x +R and -R 100 packs, $ 19.99

Office Depot: TDK 52x CD-R 700mb 100 packs, $ 12.99

Fry’s: HP 16x +R and -R 100 packs, $ 9.99

Walgreens: Sony DVD+RW and DVD-RW 10 packs, $9.99

Walgreens: Sony 16x +R and -R 25 packs, $ 9.99

Walgreens: Sony 48x CD-R Music 30 packs, $ 9.99

Radio Shack: TDK 16x +R and -R 50 packs, $ 10.99

Radio Shack: TDK 52x CD-R 700mb 100 packs, $ 14.99

Staples: Staples 16x +R and -R 50 packs, $ 11.98

Staples: Staples 16x +R and -R 100 packs, $ 19.98

Staples: Staples 52x CD-R 700mb 100 packs, $ 14.98

Thanks Dalen!!:smiley:

Thanks Dalen,
budzos

Thanks mane!

Thank you Dalen

Thank you! I thought I saw something in an earlier thread about the Verbatims at Best Buy possibly being an inferior variety. How can I tell if I’m getting the “right” kind?

WARNING! the Verbatims pictured in the Best Buy ad are the “LIFE” series & they are CMC MAG AM3= -R & CMC MAG M01-00= +R .These are the same codes used by H.P.
and I have experienced problems with the discs on my older burners(BenQ,Lite-On,Pioneer,Philips,Asus)

:bigsmile:I’m dave.evill & I’m proud 2 B a CDFreak!

If they are in the older packaging (blue and purple for +R’s, blue and orange for -R’s) that says “AZO” then they are good ones. When I took a look in Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, the older packages of 100-packs had been restickered (by Verbatim) with the same UPC’s as the Life Series, so if that’s also true of the 50-packs they would for sure scan at the sale price.

The value/life series verb’s are not really worth as much as the old azo verbatims… so as many have pointed out… your getting lower quality product at the higher "sale price (aka ripped off) at B&M, IMO… It’s the optical-disc freaks (technophiles) that actually care about the specifics [the way is writes, reads, scans]-- that’s the general consensus.

Perhaps a media sticky/faq to accompany the list of media on sale at b&m… with rankings/qualtiy & the status of the vertbatim transition to non-azo mfg dyes.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2517494]The value/life series verb’s are not really worth as much as the old azo verbatims… so as many have pointed out… your getting lower quality product at the higher "sale price (aka ripped off) at B&M, IMO… It’s the optical-disc freaks (technophiles) that actually care about the specifics [the way is writes, reads, scans]-- that’s the general consensus.

Perhaps a media sticky/faq to accompany the list of media on sale at b&m… with rankings/qualtiy & the status of the vertbatim transition to non-azo mfg dyes.[/QUOTE]

Hi

Verbatim is no longer going to use azo dye???

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2517880]Verbatim is no longer going to use azo dye???[/QUOTE]

Not for most of the retail media which will be labeled as the “Value” or “Life” series.

[QUOTE=negritude;2518070]Not for most of the retail media which will be labeled as the “Value” or “Life” series.[/QUOTE]

Thanks negritude,

NBK

As a footnote, I had already picked up a package of the “Life” series +Rs before I saw the response here. I took it back the next day and exchanged it for their last package of AZO +Rs (made in India), which were not re-labeled but were on clearance for $15.99.