Next weeks ads (5/4/08 US)

vbimport

I got all the normal stuff. There was no media at office max, cvs or radio shack. anyway, here they are.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/

On a side note, as many know, I’m always having some sort of issues (seems most started when I had kids, lol). I actually got a small piece of luck (not normal for me) and its kind of an weird/funny story. About a year and a half ago, I had yet more bad luck. I got a 200gig maxtor and a 300 gig seagate, and within day of purchase, I transfered all my important docs, pics etc. to the 200 gig (planned on relocation them to another computer), then caught the usb cable on my foot, knocked it off the desk, and totally killed the drive (no backup on the data). The next day, the 300 gig disappeared. I had the box but no drive to be found. I have not seen it since till yesterday. I saw a drive sitting on a shelf on the entertainment center, just out in the open. I wondered where it came from, and after a while, realized (checked serial numbers on the box, manufacture date was 25th week of 2006 which is about right), it was the missing 300 gig. The weird thing is that we have only had that entertainment center 2 months (so it was not always there being overlooked). For that matter, I searched endlessly for that drive, and everything in that part of the house has been moved (to get computer stuff out of the kids reach). Its literally like it just appeared out of thin air, but I’m not going to complain about a free 300 gig drive. I’m still a little bewildered about its strange appearance though…

Thanks for the scans and the entertaining story, ripit.

haha…most nice with the 300GB coming out of thin air. most nice. once agian, thanks much for the heads up on the store ads. always nice to know if i need to get up EARLY or not on a Sunday. thanks.

i know we all have our opions on media. for those that want them just to get them. at CC, they have a 25pk of DVD+R DL for $20.

Thank you once again ripit!

Thanks Ripit, this gives me the option of getting the rest of the 25 spindle MIJ Sonys from Staple on a price match. Thanks.

Thanks Ripit. You provide a great service.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2050475]…this gives me the option of getting the rest of the 25 spindle MIJ Sonys from Staple on a price match. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad I stocked up from last time, because it’s all gone in my area now. If you haven’t checked lately, definitely go to your Staples and try a PM, as this may be your last chance. All the 8x is being replaced with 16x now, or 25-packs are not being restocked at all.

Also, be on the lookout for 50-packs of 8x HP media while you’re at Staples. $8.99 is a good price for AE1 or E01.

Thanks for all your hard work ripit.

[QUOTE=hobo10;2050494]Thanks for all your hard work ripit.[/QUOTE]
Co-signed.

One of the funny things was, the hard drive had never even been formated.

Thanks again ripit, glad to hear some good luck has come your way, I hope it continues.
budzos

Thank you, ripit.

Thanks (from the other side of the pond) :slight_smile:

Off to Chicago tomorrow, but nothing there catches my eye :disagree:

[QUOTE=ripit;2050460]I got all the normal stuff. There was no media at office max, cvs or radio shack. anyway, here they are.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/

On a side note, as many know, I’m always having some sort of issues (seems most started when I had kids, lol). I actually got a small piece of luck (not normal for me) and its kind of an weird/funny story. About a year and a half ago, I had yet more bad luck. I got a 200gig maxtor and a 300 gig seagate, and within day of purchase, I transfered all my important docs, pics etc. to the 200 gig (planned on relocation them to another computer), then caught the usb cable on my foot, knocked it off the desk, and totally killed the drive (no backup on the data). The next day, the 300 gig disappeared. I had the box but no drive to be found. I have not seen it since till yesterday. I saw a drive sitting on a shelf on the entertainment center, just out in the open. I wondered where it came from, and after a while, realized (checked serial numbers on the box, manufacture date was 25th week of 2006 which is about right), it was the missing 300 gig. The weird thing is that we have only had that entertainment center 2 months (so it was not always there being overlooked). For that matter, I searched endlessly for that drive, and everything in that part of the house has been moved (to get computer stuff out of the kids reach). Its literally like it just appeared out of thin air, but I’m not going to complain about a free 300 gig drive. I’m still a little bewildered about its strange appearance though…[/QUOTE]

My son hid a chesse burger under his bed when he was 2 and when we moved two years later there it was. perfectly preserved and petrified. No smell at all. Wives and kids put things where we can find them. It is just men are blind. I was looking straight at a 2007 office disk yesterday and could not see it.

Thanks ripit

thanks for the ads ripit…my 2 year old son likes to hide things…so every once in a while i gotta look everywhere for missing things

Hahaha that’s a great story and a happy ending even :slight_smile:

Thanks ripit

[QUOTE=ripit;2050549]One of the funny things was, the hard drive had never even been formated.[/QUOTE]

The shelf is too high for the kids to reach. Normally I would say 1000% it could have definitely been the wife (she went to college and got an 8 year degree in moving my stuff where I cannot find it, then forgetting that she even touched it 30 seconds later). Computer parts are different though. I have instilled enough fear of death in her that if she usually tells me if she touches a computer part or for that mater anymore, she wont touch them (it took 8 years of training to get that one thing). I’m still thinking casper (or maybe I have a second personality that is messing with my stuff).

Thanks ripit