Next weeks ads (3/30/08 US)

vbimport

I got all the normal stuff. No media at sears. Not much else to note this week so here you go.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/

Thank-You so much:bow:

I am waiting for the Retail LGGGWH20L to show up at a discount. Maybe Best Buy will have s special soon.:slight_smile:

The Wallgreen Sony CD-R media the last time I checked is made in Japan. Does anyone know if the 25 pack DVD+R are also made in Japan?

Thank you once again ripit!

Thanks Ripit

Thanks ripit hope your getting around better now

I have seen 50 packs Made in Japan but they are 16x -R

I have never seen any 25 packs MIJ at Walgreens but that doesn’t mean you won’t find any.

Thanks ripit for the ads :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2029021]The Wallgreen Sony CD-R media the last time I checked is made in Japan. Does anyone know if the 25 pack DVD+R are also made in Japan?[/QUOTE]

Good shit ripit! Appreciate it. Walgreens, here I come.:slight_smile:

Thank you, Ripit!

Thanks ripit; It is very much appreciated.

Burn On’
Russell

Thanks ripit

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2029021]The Wallgreen Sony CD-R media the last time I checked is made in Japan. Does anyone know if the 25 pack DVD+R are also made in Japan?[/QUOTE]

1. Which Sony CD-R media, the regular 50-pack or the 30-pack of music CD-Rs? I’ve never seen MIJs in the 50-pack, but the 30-pack is usually MIJ.

2. Sony MIJ DVD media no longer exists at the retail level, except for 25-packs of 8x MIJ DVD+R, which can only be found at Staples and Sears, and a few other very obscure places. Walgreens does not carry 8x Sony DVDs. It’s all 16x, and none of that is MIJ.

People need to let it go. Sony MIJ is mostly gone, and unless you want to waste money burning expensive gasoline to find a few spindles here and there, I suggest you give up the hunt and either buy Verbatims in-store, or TYs online. The glory days are over.

Thanks, ripit
budzos

Thank you ripit :slight_smile:

There used to be and I believe still is there DVD Disc brand name with production disc in Japan:

1. FujiFilm
  2. Sony
  3. Maxell

So looking for any of these brand name being manufactured in Japan still sound reasonable.

BTW: I have not seen any definite confirmation from any member that Japan no longer producing DVD media.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2029303]There used to be…[/QUOTE]

That’s the key phrase, “used to be”. It just ain’t happening anymore.

Yes, you might find a 10-pack of outrageously overpriced MXL RG04 sitting in a corner somewhere. Yes, you might find a 50-pack spindle of absolutely horribly bonded MXL RG03 collecting dust somewhere. Yes, if you live in the same neighborhood as the one seen in Wes Craven’s “The People Under The Stairs”, there is a chance that a local establishment has some Fuji YUDEN000 T02s left. The point is that 99% of the retail MIJ media is gone. It’s not being produced anymore, and to deny that is delusional. No one said anything about MIJ media not being produced at all, but it’s no longer being branded for retail sale in North America. If you want it, hop on a plane to Japan and buy some That’s brand media, or trek over to Europe and grab some Verb TYs or Maxell MIJs. Otherwise, you have to look online.

With the price of gasoline hovering near $4.00 per gallon in the states, it’s ridiculous to go driving around like in the old days looking for something that you might find. If you’ve got a Staples, Sears, FYE, or other spot that still has a dusty stash of MIJ media, and you’re not too far away, then I’m happy for you, but the general situation dictates that it’s time to move on.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2029303]There used to be and I believe still is there DVD Disc brand name with production disc in Japan:

1. FujiFilm
  2. Sony
  3. Maxell

So looking for any of these brand name being manufactured in Japan still sound reasonable.

BTW: I have not seen any definite confirmation from any member that Japan no longer producing DVD media.[/QUOTE]

Taiyo Yuden still manufactures their media in Japan but as already mentioned it’s not being sold in North America. Bottom line is if you want Made In Japan dvd media you just have to order Taiyo Yuden from online retailers like rima.com, meritline or supermedia store. I prefer rima.com for my Taiyo Yuden dvd media. :wink:

but as already mentioned it’s not being sold in North America…
online retailers like rima.com, meritline or supermedia store.

Isn’t california in north america or did it break off and slide out into the pacific

Posted by negritude
Yes, if you live in the [B]same neighborhood as the one seen in Wes Craven’s "The People Under The Stairs[/B]

I can still find the Gold top Maxell MIJ MXL RG03 at my local stores and also plenty of 25spindles of SonyTys8X+, 16dash, ( the 16Xdash media TYG03 suck) , so I ask, how did you find my neighborhood?:cool::bigsmile::bigsmile: