Office Depot: Memorex 16x +R and -R 100 packs, $ 22.99

Office Depot: Memorex 52x CD-R 700mb 100 packs, $ 12.99

Office Depot: Memorex 52x CD-R 700mb 10 packs, $ 3.99

K-mart: Maxell 16x +R and -R 25 packs, $ 6.99

K-mart: Maxell 52x CD-R Colors 50 packs, $ 6.99

Thanks Dalen :cool:

Thanks!!

Thanks Mr Dalen

How frustrating …Office max decides this is a good week to put out the circular …grrr a week late.

I went last week and the manager refused to price match their website on the verbs…

Thanks for the weekly roundup Dalen

Thanks Dalen,
budzos

Thank you Dalen

[QUOTE=clsA;2503309]How frustrating …Office max decides this is a good week to put out the circular …grrr a week late.

I went last week and the manager refused to price match their website on the verbs…

Thanks for the weekly roundup Dalen[/QUOTE]

They were $19.99 @ newegg last week… I would have ordered them online right in the store by wireless phone right in front of the manager.

No good deed goes unrefused when you try to price match websites. For example, Microcenter had the i5-750 cpu for $149.99 (which I bought because it was better than e-tailer prices) but I wanted to bundle it with a m/b, memory, and psu… but they wouldn’t match (or come CLOSE to) the prices for newegg and other e-tailers so I just bought the chip and ordered EVERYTHING ELSE including a video card online. While I didn’t order all items from newegg (sorry, due to price too) Microcenter constantly in their ADVERTISING makes comparisons to NEWEGG prices (such as what they were doing last November). This ultimately was about a $750 upgrade and they LO$T OUT by not price matching and not having any 5xxx series video cards in regular stock. Leave it to a manager to be arrogant so that one day it will cost them not only their jobs but the store closing down. B&M can find ways to compete with e-tailers but outright arroagance will cost them more than then know in sales/ public relations and could sink the local stores. B&M computer stores are becoming a rarity these days.

With gas prices skyrcoketing AGAIN this summer… these B&Ms will get squeezed alot more this year… and don’t think the consumer won’t take it out on discretionary spending once again. :a

B&M’s better hope the economy improves, because even the e-tailers are priming the pump with further discounts from time to time which KILL any idea of consumers thinking about buying from a B&M store on items that even if you had to go through a RMA would STILL be lower priced taking into account a potential return of a defective item.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2503387]They were $19.99 @ newegg last week… I would have ordered them online right in the store by wireless phone right in front of the manager.

[/QUOTE]

nice Rant :slight_smile: …I agree 100%

Thanks, Dalen. :clap: It’s been a while since I’ve been around–ripit was still doing the ads last time I needed some media.

I’m waaaay out of the loop on what is good DVD+R media these days. I’m almost through a 100 pack of Verbs that’s been great for me. Are they still good discs? Any advice? I assume that you can’t get MIJ TYs any more like in the good ol’ days. I still have about 100 Sony TYs from back in the day.

Thanks for any advice guys. :bow: :flower: