Next weeks ads (10/16/05 US)

Well wouldn’t you know it. Thier are issues with the Dallas paper again this week. As of almost noon, their was no early edition paper out yet (I even ran across town by my work and no paper, well, my wife did anyway). I did get the Fortworth paper though which had all the normal ones except compusa and circuit city. I won’t be home to scan (have to work at 2pm), but if I manage to get ahold of cc or cusa ads, I’ll have someone post the media for me later while I am at work. Walgreens, cvs and target either didn’t have anything or didn’t have anything good (one of them had 20 sony dvd, just regular 8x ones, for 15$, so not worth posting). Anyway, here are bestbuy, office depot, office max, and staples.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/ads/index

thanks ripit!

Ripit = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!! :clap: :iagree: :smiley: :bow: :bow:

Btw … that’s a nice deal on BB’s Sony +R’s @ $14.99 (esp. if the MIJ +R’s are still TY T02’s). But, I wonder if they’re the same bad batch that crossg got recently? :confused:

Thx man. :bow: :bow: :bow:

buy the sony media today from BB at fulll price
then in a few days get price match get another $2.75 per pack savings

anyone know if that 10% best buy coupon is still valid, and if so what the code is?

The last Sonys Yudens I got were batch 1159, not bad, but not as consistant as the 1133 I got with the colored Fujis I got from Staples for 8.94USD for 30 discs.

Go to Staples and get it priced matched. Staples does carry Sony 50 packs. The last time i got the Sony MIJ +R’s from staples, the discs were SUPERB.

I just ordered some 8x + Verbs from NewEgg for 23.99 per 100, and I still have plenty of the Fujifilm Tys from Staples so I will be passing on media this week.

hey … no fair my local BB ad has the Sony’s for 17.99 in their ad … that sux !!!

Thier current ad or next weeks? these are the sales that start tomorow and bestbuys ad is normally the same nation wide. I kind of wondered about the staples ad though, as at the top of the page, it shows grand opening information for a local store. I’m guessing that they just added it to the top of the national ad, but I guess well have to see if it is diffrent tomorow.

@zaq, thats a hell of an idea. I wonder if they would do it here though, since it is probably common knoledge that the ads are avalable on saturday?

thanks ripit.
BB has sony 50-spindle for $15, thats a great deal since I’ve been accumulating Bestbuy bucks at McDonald. I have a few $3 Bestbuy bucks, will bring it down to $12 for 50 discs. And if I can find MIJ, thats awesome

ripit
BB policy in writing will price match any local lower price especially their own for 30 days, even though the add may come out early, they do not lower their prices early
I just got 6 packs for $250+, day after I will get back the difference +10% +tax
in the dfw area that will be a refund of $29.77 per pack
final price of pack will be $12.49+tax

Same price in my area (SF Bay Area) and on the web.

I just got my sunday paper DFW area
The BB sony media are 14.99

It looks like bestbuy is no longer running the same price nationally anymore. I looked up their ad for California, Oklahoma, and New York and the price was 17.99$. If you look up the price for Texas though, it does come up 14.99$. I’m not sure if this will help anyone, but the zipcode here is 75062. If, when viewing the ad on bestbuys site, you enter the zipcode 75062, it will come up 14.99 in the ad. You might be able to print the page and get your local best buy to match it, or maybe get another store to match it (they probably won’t know that it is for another area, it will just print a normal add page). Sorry about that guys. This is the first time I have seen that. It could be that the media prices are no longer reliable for best buy unless you find your ad local to your area.
Does anyone show the price of 14.99$ anywhere besided the Dallas area?

St Louis is $17.99. The Minneapolis/St Paul area is also $17.99, and that is where Best Buy is based. Strange that Texas gets this special price, but then again, Texas is always a little different.

I’m not sure if this will help anyone, but on the next to last page of the ad, it says “Unless noted otherwise, selection, prices and promotions in this ad good through 10/22/05 in the USA only and may vary online”. I’m guessing thier ads are still suposed to be national and thier was a mistake somewhere. Maybe they misprinted the price in the Dallas paper, and knew about it in advance so they are honering it. If they are going to start having diffrent prices, they forgot to take out the part where it says prices are good in the usa.
Here are scans of the media page as well as the page where it says it is good in the USA (not just Texas) done at higher than normal resolution and lower jpeg compression than I normally use so that they are very clear to read). You can view these on bestbuys site (with the zipcode 75062) but when you zoom in, the policy page is hard to read.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/ads/bestbuy1.jpg
http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/ads/bestbuy2.jpg

Maybe that is enough to get your local best buy to honor the price.
Fyi the policy is stated in the black box in the lower right corner.

staples is going to hate me today

hi, i have 4 ink cartridges to get coupons for, can you price match this best buy ad, and do you have any of that closeout teon media?

Just got back from the BB near me and they were 14.99 for the Sony but I live in the dallas area. I went to the one by Town East mall for those of you local. I only seen 4 +r left and about 10 or so on the -r

I picked up 2 50pks and this is what i got. On the inner hub they have the “TG”

I paid a whole $2.14 for 100.:bigsmile: Had some extra BB Bucks :clap: .

Thanks ripit

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-108 1.18 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,295,104
Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: YUDEN000-T02-00
Book Type: DVD+R