Next weeks ads (1/6/08 US)

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1970750]They make HDDs in China now !!! :Z

WD Made In Thailand is good too .

Thanks ripit and happy new year :flower:[/QUOTE]

Well, Maxtor drives are made in China. And since Seagate bought Maxtor, they use Maxtor plant to make Seagate drives and thus New Seagate drives have high failure rates. Thus if you are buying a Seagate, make sure it is not Made in China

Ugh…can we please not do that again? The point of having the web site is to avoid posting such large graphics in the middle of thread. The majority of Fry’s sale items are the same nationwide, so there’s no need to post the ads from each and every city.[/QUOTE]

Fine, since I don’t have access to that website, I’ll just keep these deals to myself.

I liked the fact that allot of the HDTV’s are coming down since we are going to need these for next year.

[QUOTE=leaftye;1971141]Fine, since I don’t have access to that website, I’ll just keep these deals to myself.[/QUOTE]

It would be infinitely more helpful for you to just point at newspaper sites that carry the Fry’s ads. For example:

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/Ads.aspx?adid=5600722&advid=32664

I wasn’t trying to discourage you from sharing, just pointing out the ways which tend to work better. Large graphics in the middle of a thread tend to break up the flow of dialogue and conversation.

it is just an image, an oversize image. I dont think there is a restriction on that in this forum. But send us a direct link is better since most people’s computer choke on that big image

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1970840]Well, Maxtor drives are made in China. And since Seagate bought Maxtor, they use Maxtor plant to make Seagate drives and thus New Seagate drives have high failure rates. Thus if you are buying a Seagate, make sure it is not Made in China[/QUOTE]

I have 3 Seagate MIC drives: 1 500GB sata, 1 320 GB ATA and 1 160 GB free agent. Both internals are Seagate 7200.10 drive and I’ve had no problems with any of the drives.

[QUOTE=dreamliner77;1971384]I have 3 Seagate MIC drives: 1 500GB sata, 1 320 GB ATA and 1 160 GB free agent. Both internals are Seagate 7200.10 drive and I’ve had no problems with any of the drives.[/QUOTE]

My latest hard drive a Free Agent 500 gb Seagate. All is well here. It is a product of Thailand and assembled in China…:slight_smile:

Please stop the FUD. There is nothing wrong with the China-made Seagate drives. What applies to cheap media does not extrapolate everywhere. :rolleyes:

Seagate has been making it’s hard drives in at least four different countries for several years now. This was all before they purchased Maxtor. The Maxtor aquisition has absolutely nothing to do with it. I believe the countries are:

Malaysia
China
Singapore
Thailand

It’s been that way since about 2003.

BTW, the Gigaware +R DVDs at RadioShack are RICOHJPN R03, hub code begins with DO127.

those MIC drives, I did not say they fail initially. Just wait till a year later and you guys will see. If you dont believe me, go google for yourself, just type in Seagate hard drive made in China

Thanks ripit. Happy New Year.

Interesting, I will grab a pack after work, if they are good I will snap up some more as most burners seem to like them

Have any idea what the -R is? Videohelp has no listing for it, I will have to try a pack but I guess it’s CMC MAG AM3.

[QUOTE=negritude;1971680]BTW, the Gigaware +R DVDs at RadioShack are RICOHJPN R03, hub code begins with DO127.[/QUOTE]

I need some cheapies DVD blanks. Are any of those Dynex’s decent?

Personally I would stay away from the Dynex not worth the trouble.

[QUOTE=jumpyg;1972061]I need some cheapies DVD blanks. Are any of those Dynex’s decent?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jumpyg;1972061]I need some cheapies DVD blanks. Are any of those Dynex’s decent?[/QUOTE]

and it is Made in China

Okay, thanks. For some reason I thought some of the Dynex were okay. I guess I’ll wait another week for something better.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1971877]Interesting, I will grab a pack after work, if they are good I will snap up some more as most burners seem to like them

Have any idea what the -R is? Videohelp has no listing for it, I will have to try a pack but I guess it’s CMC MAG AM3.[/QUOTE]

Gigaware -R MIT RitekF1 Hub K760394…

Confirmed on the -R and +R

Went to my local Best Buy not thinking of buying any DL’s, since they’re all MII these days, but I was very surprised at what I found…

In the new packaging, a 20-pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (MKM001) & it said “MADE IN SINGAPORE”, so I happily snatched everything they had, after testing, all I could think is THANK YOU VERBATIM! (Guy said they just got them in on Sunday, even thou they still had stock of the old packaging, all MII)

I’m posting the results HERE, if anyone’s interested.