Newsletter?

vbimport

Just a quick question, does club MYCE still put out a newsletter? I used to get them on a weekly basis and for a long time I haven’t been getting them. I also went in to my settings page and changed the email addy I had linked to the account to see if it was the email provider (gmail). That didn’t fix it either. I also submitted a question/ complaint via help center and it didn’t go anywhere either.

Is there a way for a mod or someone elase to look into this issue for me? I liked getting the newsletter because it reminded me to log on the site and browse for awhile. Without it I have a hard time remembering to log on.

Thanks
DOS_equis

Yo DOS equis-

Let me apologise for our Forum leaders bad manners- most of us really care about our fellow members - too bad that our administration apparently doesn’t-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2604225]Yo DOS equis-

Let me apologise for our Forum leaders bad manners- most of us really care about our fellow members - too bad that our administration apparently doesn’t-eh!![/QUOTE]

Who are you referring to Mike? I dont see any other posts here, besides yours and DOD equis.:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2604259]Who are you referring to Mike? I dont see any other posts here, besides yours and DOD equis.:confused:[/QUOTE]

The lack of “upper management” posters is perhaps the problem.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2604263]The lack of “upper management” posters is perhaps the problem.[/QUOTE]
What does that have to do with " Manners". :doh:

Yo Alan-

The point is - this was posted for [B][U]18 hours[/U][/B]- on a week day - with [B]NO[/B] responses from the administrators. This should [B]NOT[/B] be the way to treat our members concerns!!

In the ‘old CDFreaks’ days - this would have never happened-eh.

Plus - the moderator shown -[B][U] Da Taxman[/U][/B] recused himself from anything MyCE over four months ago!!

*(Oh - and by the way - no one has answered the OP to date either)

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2604349]Yo Alan-

The point is - this was posted for [B][U]18 hours[/U][/B]- on a week day - with [B]NO[/B] responses from the administrators. This should [B]NOT[/B] be the way to treat our members concerns!!

In the ‘old CDFreaks’ days - this would have never happened-eh.

*(Oh - and by the way - no one has answered them to date either)[/QUOTE]
We are looking into this as we speak, I apologise to the members concerns, if I had an answer I would have posted it, we will sort it out, I promise mike.

Yo Alan-

Thank you.

Hey thanks guys for responding. I had no idea that anyone even were chatting it up in this thread because I received no email notifications about it so there must be something going on with either my account or the site in general. I’m pretty sure that I have my account settings to “instant” as a default. I will check this out in a sec and report back.

Yes I have been a member since it was CDFreaks but near the trailing end of it before it became MYCE. I have always liked the site and found it kept me up to date with all things technical, which is why I’m bummed out about the newsletter/ email issue. I will have to check back in manually to see if there is any progress until this is fixed.

EDIT: I looked at my settings page and didn’t see a way to force my account to give me instant email notifications on anything, only a place to set the email addy and look at the current sub’d threads. I just happened to notice the option when I replied on my thread. Maybe there should be a way to have a default behavior for thread and newsletter notifications?

[QUOTE=DOS_equis;2604359]EDIT: I looked at my settings page and didn’t see a way to force my account to give me instant email notifications on anything, only a place to set the email addy and look at the current sub’d threads.[/QUOTE]

It’s on the ‘Edit Forum Options’ page under the ‘Website and Forum settings’ tab which you can get to in the default MyCE view by clicking the ‘Settings’ link underneath your details at the top right of almost all the pages here.

Or alternatively Click Here, scroll down to ‘Default Thread Subscription Mode’ and change this to ‘Instant email notification’. :flower:

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2604367]It’s on the ‘Edit Forum Options’ page under the ‘Website and Forum settings’ tab which you can get to in the default MyCE view by clicking the ‘Settings’ link underneath your details at the top right of almost all the pages here.

Or alternatively Click Here, scroll down to ‘Default Thread Subscription Mode’ and change this to ‘Instant email notification’. :flower:

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

That was the trick. Thanks Wombler. Now to get the newsletter working again. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply and of course for not sending out the newsletter for a while as well. It has nothing to do with your account settings!

We have some problems with our emailing provider and try to fix that for a while now. We will try extra hard since we hear now that you missed it.

OK thanks Djoris. I was wondering what happened. I was getting them all along after I signed up and then it seemed to not happen. Every once in awhile I would get one but it was something like one every two months or something like that. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :slight_smile: