Newsgroup?

vbimport

Hi I was reading some posts and they said you can find things in news groups and then give an address starting with “alt.” i was wondering what this is could someone pleas tell me thanks:)

You need a newsgroup browser first
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=25933&highlight=newsgroup
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=25755&highlight=newsgroup

found through our wonderful search engine:

If you sign up with a good newsgroup provider (eg. GIGAnews.com), then u can go to the alt.binaries.*** groups

I think if you start with these links and read the helpfiles of the mentioned newsgroup readers you’ll find a lot of information, don’t know if it will answer all your questions.

alt.* is just a catagory of newsgroups, there are soooo many. It is like www.* signifies a web address and ftp.* a FTP address.

Thanks for the help man