News......X-Copy Pro

vbimport

I haven’t seen this posted on this forum, but thought it interesting.
Has any one tried it? If so how do you like it?

X-Copy Pro is the ideal tool to make backup copies of your CDs and DVDs, regardless if they are copy protected or not!

Features:

• Copies all major game copy protection methods, such as VOB Protect CD, StarForce 1 & 2, the latest SafeDisc and Securom!
  • Copies single-layer DVD’s, even Playstation 2 (the PSX 2 needs a Modchip!) and Video-DVD’s.
  • Full support for Dual Layer DVD+R!
  • Fast skipping of defect sectors.
  • EFM optimisation to copy “weak” sectors.
  • Include RAW COPY Mode.
  • With appropriate and compatible CD/DVD writers, X-Copy Professional will clone also all major copy protections to the new disk too. Yes, your backuped CD/DVD will be copy protected exactly as the original disk.
  • Full support for multisession disks.
  • Erase CD-RW and DVD-RW.
  • Finalize CD and DVD. A practical tool in case an error occurred and the writing process (regardless of which program was used) was aborted. Often the CD blank will not be spoiled and remain executable.
  • With its automatic “Jitter” compensation X-Copy Pro ensures true digital AUDIO copies and uses the full speed capabilities of your CD-ROM drive.
  • X-Copy Pro can process CD-DA, CDROM (Mode 1), CDROM-XA (Mode 2), CD-I, CD-TEXT, CD+G and MIXED MODE discs.
  • Copies from CD/DVD drives, harddrive or Virtual Drives.
  • Support Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Server2003/MediaCenterEdition.

My parent’s use it because it’s easy, but I’m relatively unimpressed with the software.

The backup copies it makes all have a rather annoying “ARCHIVE!” screen that it puts at the beginning of every copy you make, with a legal disclaimer. The features and options are pretty limited as well, yet it still sells for about $100.00. Lately, my parents have been unable to back up DVD’s that have copy protection based on unreadable sectors.

They actually brag about transferring the copy protection to the “backup” copy? Why would anyone want a copy-protected copy? :confused:

For easy DVD back ups, I definitely prefer AnyDVD + CloneDVD2.

I don’t understand why you have to install Microsoft’s Net Frameworks to use the software. I already like my setup without Frameworks. My system is stable enough. I won’t try the software because of this. Why mess with a good thing? Now that you mentioned “Archive” thingy, I’ll definitely not try this software. Thanks for the heads up.

Is this at all connected with the old DVD X Crappy and 321 Studios?

No different from 321 studios afaik

Hello fellows,

I have a problem with DVD X COPY and looking for somone to help me with this.
I have tried Sony dru-710a ,Samsung and NEC3520A drives. All Drives will read the DVD fine but when i insert bland DVD to burn they won’t burn i have tried FUJI, verbatim, Sony, TDK, Memorex but non will start the burn process.

However, all drives work fine if I use ANY DVD with DVD Clone2 software. Looks like there is a problem with software can any one help please.

Thank you

Use AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Time is $. Always test the software before forking over your $.

Thanks guys for the skinnies on the new x-copy pro . Dosen’t sound like I would even want to try it. Again, thanks

Cricketer…Sounds like you have an old version and it doesn’t know what to do with newer drives.