News section update in progress

vbimport

I just posted the article News section update in progress.

Today we’ve launched a new version of our news section. Although we’ve tested the new section thoroughly, minor errors may occur. You may report them in the comments below.The last couple of months,…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14831-News-section-update-in-progress.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14831-News-section-update-in-progress.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I really like the new layout. The only thing that upset me the last time was the replying to the news and getting a email that someone replied to… and I never subscribe to these just vist several times a day. I see there is a check box checked by default so I unchecked it so we’ll see.

I really like the new layout. The only thing that upset me the last time was the replying to the news and getting a email that someone replied to… and I never subscribe to these just vist several times a day. I see there is a check box checked by default so I unchecked it so we’ll see.
You are correct this is enabled by default. You can unsubscribe by unchecking the box when adding a new reaction or click on the link when you do receive an unwanted email. In a couple of weeks you can set your preferences in your user profile.

@ Erpenator, Nice there was a reply and I got no email thanks for the hard work. :bow:

I miss the previous and next newsitem links

I like the avatars, but don’t like the missing edit button and line returns. I can’t wait until I can disable e-mail notification. This should already be disabled by default. This new look will take some time to get used to, but it looks more professional and the colour scheme doen’t make me want to puke into my Fruit Loops. Good work.

Yes to disable the notifications by email by default would be nice. Instead of unticking it everytime one posts.

I like the new look… Nice to see custom avatars and animated emoticons… Bring back the Next and Previous news item… Though the News Item list on each News posting is fine, I like to read the postings in order also… No Edit Reaction button??

You should be able to edit your reactions now. If any problems occur please post them here so we can try and fix them as soon as possible