News for the royal EXTERNAL people in Europe about PX-716UF :

I asked PlextorEurope why PX-716UF wasn’t even on their pages … :a

Well , I hope they won’t sue me for sharing this information with You all at CD-freaks

DISCLAIMER :
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.

but they wrote this :

[font=Arial][size=4]Regarding the external version of our brandnew upcoming PX-716A,
this particular product will become available at the end of November. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Please check our website on a regular basis :bow: for the most up to date
information regarding the new Plextor products.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
[/size][/font]
NOOOO ! I have to wait till the end of November to ask that my name be changed (again !) to :

Premium716USB

That does suck since I want the ext. version as well. Can always look at it this way, we get to read all about it in upcoming reviews & find out the good/bad points about this product from those who currently own the internal version.

First of all I am very angry!End of Novemner!!!I want it now!!!Guys I just want to found out if 716UF will have have all the technologies that has 716 anf if it writes the dvd discs in the same time as 716?I know that you have no tests as they haven’'t launched ,I mean general if the external versions have a diferrence (writing times,technologies.writing qualities)with the internal versions of the same model…

If your too impatient you could always buy an internal PX-716A and make it external.

Thanks for your advice but can you answer me about the questions of diferrence.Thank you in advance

Well balema , don’t worry !
716UF are sure to be everything You would expect from 716A/SA plus “MORE” …
You see , there are many clues leading to this conclusion . :bigsmile:

First of all because recent reviews of Plextors externals (such as Premium , 708 and 712) confirm a welcome tendency :

… know that in some reviewing tests the Plextor externals (that applies also for Plextor 712-U , the DVD-writer) actually shows better results in writing , reading and extracting than the internals - maybe Plextor have “stabilized” the externals some degrees extra to upweigh the more shaky enviroments they will encounter -
BUT there is a prize paid by this “stability” … The loading time of the tray is not nearly as fast as the internals ;
(Just quoting myself again :o :o :o)
and I can vouch 100% for my results with the Premium-U and the 712-UF is indeed VERY good - except when it comes to photo printable white thick surface 8x DVD’s written at 12 … something I hope can be corrected in 716-UF !

Second simply because Plextor needs a “Premium” now after the “PseudoPlextor” 504A (according to JeanLuc : a rebadged NEC (ND-1300 IIRC)) and after they overhurried 708 and overburdened 712 just to show the worlds first 8x-writer & then a 12x-writer with Premium-similar tests (C1/C2/CU ; PI/PO) etc …
They HAVE to show that Plextor is the King of Quality to make the “picky” customers stay and adore them :bow: .
I know I quickly resold my 504A (in a made-by-me-computer :cool: ) and bought the LG’s fine GSA-4040b and I wanted a Plextor DualLayerBurner to feel “Premium” (= on top / royal) but I also needed a definite upgrade in DVD-capabilities (and quality) so I “settled” for 2/3 of that feeling = 712xx (though actually considering NEC 3500 …) ; nevertheless I still want that “Premium-feeling” which I think must of us at Plextor-forum remembers well . :wink: :wink: :wink:

NB : Though written at 8 with photo printable white thick surface 8x DVD’s MCC003-00 (Verbatim) this is quite OK , don’t You think ?
At least I haven’t seen any other scans of Printables like that yet …
HAMP’s , Zevia’s and Two Degrees’ results with MCC003-00 8@ are on blank (silvery) medias !!!

Actually a NEC ND-1100A, according to The Firmware Page :bow:

BTW, I like “PseudoPlextor”! LOL

ET

Thanks!!!
The conclusion is that I will wait till end of November to buy the best DVD writer of the world!

716UF!!!

For the record: there is no difference hardware-wise between the PX-716A (internal) and the PX-716U (external).

there is no difference hardware-wise
G@M3FR3@K , You are probably right on that point …

… BUT for the relevant :bigsmile: record :

Technically that doesn’t mean “Plex-Tex” cannot fine-adjust the hardware further and stabilize the burningprocess ! :cop:

Otherwise the A/SA-models and the UF-models would have the SAME trayloading-time … just an example ! :cool:
Remember there are actually other people out there testing and reviewing just like You !

And tell me when have You or anyone from CDfreaks reviewed an external DVD-writer ???
“There’s no difference” You’ll probably claim …
Then tell me why CDfreaks has reviewed at least 2 external CD-writers ???

I think You are getting square in Your position , G@M3FR3@K , and the the “terrible Ritek” , the RW-discussion shows signs of fatigue .
Also Your presence everywhere at anytime (I wonder how much You get to sleep) may have worn down Your good sense of social judgment (and influencing the technical overview …) resulting in comments like the all-knowing-teacher-telegram-style above :

For the record: there is no difference hardware-wise between the PX-716A (internal) and the PX-716U (external).

I’m sorry to say this , but You sound more nerded than You may be are , G@M3FR3@K ! :stuck_out_tongue:

hummmmmm, does that mean, someone has there hands on the 716A and testing :wink:

It’s always nice to hear that your work is appreciated, thanks Premium712USB :Z You seem to think I’m making stuff up. Too bad you failed to notice I’ve been hanging around here for years and have been reviewing Plextor drives for a long, long time. I’ve pretty much had all of them at one time or another. You’re right, I’ve not reviewed any external burners but that doesn’t mean I know a thing or two about them. But if you think you know better, be my guest.

Also Your presence everywhere at anytime (I wonder how much You get to sleep) may have worn down Your good sense of social judgment (and influencing the technical overview …)
I moderate this forum @ work but thanks for keeping an eye on me, mother. Sjees.

It’s always a pleasure with Your polite replies :Z !
Very nice You skipped the telegram-style … but please read carefully what I ACTUALLY write :

[QUOTE]there is no difference hardware-wise
G@M3FR3@K , You are probably right on that point …
[/QUOTE]This means of course that You’re missing this point :

Technically that doesn’t mean “Plex-Tex” cannot fine-adjust the hardware further and stabilize the burningprocess ! :cop:

Otherwise the A/SA-models and the UF-models would have the SAME trayloading-time … just an example ! :cool:
Remember there are actually other people out there testing and reviewing just like You !

Of course You have tried every Plextor CD-/DVD-writer whether it be 712-type A , SA or UF (where do You get all that money from ? :confused: :rolleyes: :bigsmile: ) and I think You right away should publish test-comparisons between them . Of course You will have to tell us all which one is the external and internal , because we surely won’t see “any difference” !

What a waste of media , this arrogant newcomer should not question anything You say :bow: ?!?!?!

And NO ! Your momma doesn’t work here , so just let the “webfriends” be forced to draw Your attention to the more and more obvious fact , that You need to loosen up :bigsmile: , chill out :wink: and relax :cool: , sorry !

Differences between the internal and external versions of the Plextor drives are a result of different interfaces. Like I said before, there is no difference hardware wise between the drives. If you don’t want to believe me that’s your choice, I don’t care.

I don’t have to buy the drives, I get them for free as I am a reviewer. Fortunately Plextor let’s me keep the reviewed drives after I’m done. I feel no need to do a comparison especially for you since, as I said before, there is no difference hardware wise. And besides, I can only fit one optical drive in my computer.

You are not my friend. I have a life besides this. I do this for fun and have no need for your approval. Maybe you should start your own forum?

Premium712USB, your replies are respectless and make no sence anymore. I feel that you have offended G@M3FR3@K enough for now and have been rambling enough about your problems. Consider yourself banned I don’t feel spending much more time on you. GF is probably one of the kindest people around and I’ve to say that this is the first time ever someone has pissed him off. Goodbye.

Excuse me for drawing attention to a new thread called :
Why has my close friend Premium712USB been banned ?