Newest dvd fab 8 downloaded doesnt work

vbimport

hi

i just tried to update to the latest version of dvdfab 8…actually I did it yesterday, and it didnt work then, so today I uninstalled dvd fab8 and reinstalled, and it still doesnt work. i just get a windows message “dvd fab…has stopped working” when i try to open the program. When i installed it i also got a error message as soon as it was installing (i think it was the same message as above) anyone else have the same problem? any idea how to fix it? I still have dvd 6 and 7 installed, and they seem to work fine, but I want to used the latest for backing up.

Can anyone help? fyi i’m running it on a vista computer

There is a new update Today try downloading it and see what happens

thanks, but I just tried that link, and the same thing happened. As soon as I install it I get the windows message that dvd fab…has stopped working. and the installing box stays on the screen till i close it, and it still doesnt work…any more ideas. are appreciated…i just dont know what else to try.

and then i get the notepad telling me the changes of the new version, but a messaged comes up again that its stopped working.

i am also having the same problem. Please let me know what to do.

Glad i’m not alone :slight_smile: …if anyone knows of a solution please let me know.

Not at the moment that I know of.

I understand that candles are being burnt at both ends in Beijing trying to resolve it.

BTW: I have personally tested on 5 machines ranging from XP SP3 to Win 7 X64 with ABSOLUTELY no problems but all OS’s are > “Professional”

Did you test on a Windows 7 32 bit machine? Both of mine are x64 and I have no problems either. Seems to be Win7x32??

No problems here with newest version and Vista Ultimate x64 :disagree:

anyone have any ideas, its still not working…dvd fab 6 and 7 are still on my machine so I am able to use those, but dvd fab 8 is still not working for me?

I have uninstalled dvd fab 8 and reinstalled it…no luck.

Any ideas on what I can do? Or do I just wait for the next update?

Just wait, the developers are aware of the issue and are working on it.

[QUOTE=newbieneedshelp;2580310]anyone have any ideas, its still not working…dvd fab 6 and 7 are still on my machine so I am able to use those, but dvd fab 8 is still not working for me?

I have uninstalled dvd fab 8 and reinstalled it…no luck.

Any ideas on what I can do? Or do I just wait for the next update?[/QUOTE]

If you have the installer for v8076 (which should work) then I suggest you install it until this issue gets resolved by the team at DVDFab.

I reinstalled v8073 and it works now. Thank you for all the replies and help.

Fengtao has fixed the crashing problem! Find it here.