Newer Wii Console and original games backup

vbimport

Hi,
scenario is:
I have Wii console newer model with Wiikey Fusion installed, to play games from SD.

I have 3 original games, that I would like to copy on SD cards to prevent my son to destroy them and to play them “faster” than on DVD drive.

I have read many guides or solutions, that do not give sense to me or do not run well on Win7 64 bit.

Please tell me how to back up games on SD cards (or DVD), or please point me to somewhere, to read an “idiotproof” guide.

Regards

SD Card would be preferable :slight_smile:

USB External HDD formatted w/ FAT is better, unless you have large enough SD card.

Try these FAQ: http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archives/14321-wii-usb-loader-v1-1-tutorial-faqs.html

http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archives/15154-sd-usb-loaders-guide-how-use-waninkokos-usb-loader.html

Thank you… this is one of the guides I have read.

It’s pretty difficult if you do not have “experience” with this stuff.

The part I do not understand is here:

[I]First, what’s required;
-Newest Homebrew Channel installed
-This file pack (v1.1+IOS rev 9)
-The original IOS36-64-v1042.wad file (GOOGLE!)[/I]

Plus some of the links to download do not work.

How do I install a “home brew channel”? on the Wii Console?

Is this really the easiest way to buck up original dvdv? :frowning:

Regards

This thread explains in great detail what has to be done.

This thread does collect that all automatically.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2560243]This thread explains in great detail what has to be done.

This thread does collect that all automatically.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr. B I’ll have to bookmark these :bigsmile:

i havent updated the Hack My Wii guide since August. i guess i could take the time to update it tonight.

ok, updated the guide

just need to wait for a mod to update the post.

Sorry guys, I am a bit lost and feel like a a “stupid ignorant”…

There is no simple guide to backup a Wii Orginal game on a SD Card or DVD, so my son does not destroy the original one?

Those linked here are surely good, but are not “simple”, Thanks anyway for you help.

If so… I give up ;-( I do not want to mod my Wii except the WiiKey Fusion

Regards

Is this solution here, even if cost money to by the LG device, easier and usable?

If yes, … can the same ISO be moved on a SD Card by using WBFS Manager tool and used to play with the WiiKey Fusion installed?

Regards

to play backup games you need to either install a modchip or softmod your wii.

the easiest method is to softmod your wii and transfer the game disc to hard drive using a usb loader.

then play the game from the same hard drive using usb loader.

Thanks
I wrote that I have WiiKey Fusion installed in the Wii…
Is that not enough?
regards

I mean…
If I have Wiikey Fusion installed… and can play games through it and SD Cards, by using WBFS converted ISO, why not using LG CD Rom to read files, making ISO, formatting it with WBFS and the transfer it on SD Card played throught WiiKey Fusion?
Regards

[QUOTE=bimbobo;2560852]I mean…
If I have Wiikey Fusion installed… and can play games through it and SD Cards, by using WBFS converted ISO, why not using LG CD Rom to read files, making ISO, formatting it with WBFS and the transfer it on SD Card played throught WiiKey Fusion?
Regards[/QUOTE]

fail on my part :doh: i should have read your post again.

then yes, you could.

but still beleive that playing using usb loader is much easier once the wii is hacked. originally i played backups from disc before usb loader was released, it may not seem much easier now but once you get it set up, trust me you will enjoy it.

benifits of usb loader

[ul]
[li]dumping games takes only a few minutes [instead of hours][/li][li]no backup disc to handle[/li][li]no converting formats on your computer[/li][li]wonderful looking gui[/li][li]nice cover images displayed to select games[/li][li]auto patching of trouble games[/li][li]auto patching of ocarina cheat codes[/li][li]faster game loading[/li][li]faster in game loading[/li][li]hold all games in an easy to carry portable usb device[/li][li]no wasted disc with bad burns[/li][li]no damaging of game disc[/li][li]save hard drive space on computer storing games[/li][li]hold more games on ext hdd compared to sd cards[/li][li]usb loaders are consistently updated with new features and fixes[/li][li]better because i said so LOL[/li][/ul]

The Hack My Wii guide now uses wiiflow and installs the WiiFlow StarNight channel

here is the same system menu theme [darkwii extended] wiiflow channel [StarNight] im using and i am using the coverflow at 1:47 of the video Wiiflow 1 1 + chaine forwarder starnight by baordeur for jiiwah

I have no experience with the Wiikey, but i can tell you that once you have completed the (somwhat complex) process of softmodding the Wii, you are pretty much done for ever.

There might be a few new games that defenitely will not work, but for the most part the usb loader is an awesome method of playing games quite fast.

Guys I really appreciate your suggestions.
I am an IT Supporter, so it’s not because I am afraid of “hacking” stuff, but I really found the softmodding very complicated.

I would like to have one of you here to do it… but as long as I can manage to please my son with the games he has and will have… so it’s OK with me.

I am pretty sure that softmodding is a better/long lasting option… but The Wiikey Fusion and the LG CD rom should suit our needs so far.
Thanks again… I will keep in mind those links/suggestions you passed me here.
Regards

You may have a problem w/ newer Wii games that use newer protection (New SMB, DKCR) and don’t think you can backup WW/VC w/ the hard mod. But for the most part that should be fine.

If you want Softmod help PM me and come into IRC and you can get all your questions answered live as you mod it.

[QUOTE=troy512;2560762]to play backup games you need to either install a modchip or softmod your wii.

the easiest method is to softmod your wii and transfer the game disc to hard drive using a usb loader.

then play the game from the same hard drive using usb loader.[/QUOTE]

If I use the MOdMii wizard and I hack the the Black Wii I have… can my son play games either with a “backed up dvd, SD Card and a USB HDD”?

Running the “completed ModMii” from SD card into the console, is the only thing to do, or you need to do something more"?

I do not wish to usb any USB loader… my son is 10yrs… it does not have to be nerdy, cause he is too “young” to manage that level.

Is there an “undo brick” procedure, if anything goes wrong? :wink:

Regards

my five year old son know how to use WiiFlow.

all you do is use the D-pad to scroll the covers then point to a game and press the (A) button.

The latest version of WiiFlow can use WBFS, FAT32 and NTFS partitions to load games. Why still advice to use FAT32 in 32kb cluster size?