Newer version of Litefirm

version 2 of litefirm is out (don’t know since when). If you can’t extract firmware for CD drives, try the new version, as it can get the firmware for Liteon CDROMs. DVD ROMS are still a no-go. Here’s the link
http://www.sweb.cz/zdenek.jindra/download/litefirm.exe it’s slow so be patient (though only 34k)

Cool, thanks.

Extracting CD-ROM Firmware:
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
© Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:>litefirm ys0j.exe ys0j.bin
LiteON-IT EXE-To-BIN Firmware Extraction Utility. Reanimate Your CD-RW
Version 2.0 released. Enjoy wider support!
© Zdenek JINDRA, 2002 http://kickme.to/zdenek zj.zj@tiscali.cz
This program is from The CZECH REPUBLIC! Look at www.cdr.cz
»»»»»»»»» I do not make anything else than FREEWARE. Enjoy! «««««««««

Reading YS0J.EXE
No generic firmware for new CD writer by Lite-ON found.
Now trying to search for some specific supported types.
Reading YS0J.EXE
A piece of firmware has been saved to YS0J.BIN
Congratulations! The file is extracted.

Reading DVD-ROM Firmware:
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
© Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:>litefirm ch0n.exe ch0n.bin
Version 2.0 released. Enjoy wider support!
© Zdenek JINDRA, 2002 http://kickme.to/zdenek zj.zj@tiscali.cz
This program is from The CZECH REPUBLIC! Look at www.cdr.cz
»»»»»»»»» I do not make anything else than FREEWARE. Enjoy! «««««««««

Reading CH0N.EXE
No generic firmware for new CD writer by Lite-ON found.
Now trying to search for some specific supported types.
Reading CH0N.EXE
The file CH0N.EXE contains a typical string for firmware file, but it doesn’t co
ntain valid memory headers per 64 kB!

Updated the page. :slight_smile:

http://liteon.notrix.net/

/Dyzan

Good work. Would it not be better though, to have the program itself available for download and not the WinACE archive? It still works fine of course, but the program is 34k and in the archive it is 97k, plus you can just save it to where you want it.

AHAHAHAHAHA! Nice compression!

LOL You have right! I have never noticed that. Good point! I’ll fix it now. :slight_smile:

/Dyzan :bigsmile:

Originally posted by dhc014
AHAHAHAHAHA! Nice compression!

WinACE may have compressed it a couple k (who compresses a 34k file anyway?), but it was a self-extracting WinACE archive, so that added 60k or so.

Version 2.4 is available.
Homepage
Direct link (incredibly slow)
Mirror from my CDFreaks directory

Changelog:
New: Support for some LSC-##### writers!

However, it didn’t work on the 3M3H file from Lite-On’s website or many other LSC firmwares I downloaded, it did work on 3M06 from here

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\BadReligionPR>d:

D:\>litefirm 3m06.exe 3m06.bin
              Version 2.4 released. Enjoy wider support!
(c) Zdenek JINDRA, 2002   http://kickme.to/zdenek     zj.zj @ tiscali.cz
This program is from The  CZECH REPUBLIC!           Look at www.cdr.cz
»»»»»»»»» I do not make anything else than FREEWARE.  Enjoy! «««««««««

Reading 3M06.EXE
A working sequence with size of 524288 B has been found.
Writing to 3M06.BIN
Done OK.

D:\>

Again, no support for DVD-ROM firmware. On 165H CH11.exe, it extracts a 64KB firmware when size should be 256KB.

Does anyone know or tried to see if this application succesfully supports extracting bins from LiteOn DVD burner firmware exe’s?

(401S/411S/451S/811S/851S)

It does not.

I hacked up a little tool that I used while testing spdhack that extracted .BIN files from .EXE packages (works only for DVDRW drives). Anyway, I just finished tacking on a readme file and cleaned up the code a wee bit, and here it is…

*Edit: download links removed. There is now a new version that supports all XFlash firmwares… see here

Has been tested (by extracting .BIN and then comparing the extracted file to the .BIN posted on dhc014’s website) on various versions of 401, 411, 451, 811, 851, 812

Cool, I’ve been playing around with trying to make a binary extractor for XFlash. If yours works on all DVD Burner firmwares, then you could possibly make it work on all versions of xflash, but the older flash tool might be more difficult to work with. Pay close attention to BIN_START and BIN_SIZE :wink:

Originally posted by dhc014
Cool, I’ve been playing around with trying to make a binary extractor for XFlash. If yours works on all DVD Burner firmwares, then you could possibly make it work on all versions of xflash, but the older flash tool might be more difficult to work with. Pay close attention to BIN_START and BIN_SIZE :wink:

Well, note that I said that I “hacked” this up while running tests. So my extractor isn’t exactly what you’d call robust. It takes a very simplistic approach: it notes that all the DVDRW firmwares start with a very specific 48-byte sequence, and it also notes that they are all 0x100000 bytes long. And it works from that. Like I said… very simplistic. :slight_smile: And this is the main reason it’s currently limited to just LiteOn DVDRW firmwares.

But while doing this, I did notice the control sequences BIN_START1, BIN_SIZE1, etc. that preceded the firmware. I could look into it more to write a generalized extractor… anyway, I’ll look into it more when I get more time… :slight_smile:

*Edit: See the XFlash-X thread in the LiteOn forum for my generalized XFlash BIN extractor.

so, i’m new here and have a MAJOR problem!!!
first, my dvd sony fw dw u18a broke down, doesent read or write, so i wanted to flash it, but cant open nothing from codeguys!!!
it says page doesent exist!!!
HELP!!!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Sticky thread about CodeGuys mirror site :wink:

Back at EEPROMs after all these years. Thanks for all the work you folks are doing for us.