Newer Imgburn not working properly

I burned a few movies with the newest version of Imgburn. The movies would not play on any DVD player except the one on my PC. However, any movies I burn with 2.4.2.0 or lower worked fine. Was there some sort of issue with Imgburn and versions above 2.4.2.0?

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2311749]I burned a few movies with the newest version of Imgburn. The movies would not play on any DVD player except the one on my PC. However, any movies I burn with 2.4.2.0 or lower worked fine. [B]Was there some sort of issue with Imgburn and versions above 2.4.2.0?[/B][/QUOTE]

You do know this is the DVDFab forum, not the ImgBurn forum…
Are you using ImgBurn as the burn engine for DVDFab or ImgBurn as a standalone ?

I use imgburn 2.4.4.0 with DVDFab 6 and have never had a problem with the burns.

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2311749] [B]Was there some sort of issue with Imgburn and versions above 2.4.2.0?[/B][/QUOTE]
Nope, certainly nothing prevalent.
Your post is the first one I’ve seen that mentions a problem.

Please post a couple of burn logs. It’ll cut down on guesswork and help us try to nail this down for you.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2311812]You do know this is the DVDFab forum, not the ImgBurn forum…
Are you using ImgBurn as the burn engine for DVDFab or ImgBurn as a standalone ?[/QUOTE]

My apologizes StormJumper and everyone else for posting in the wrong forum. I lost my mind for a minute.

I use DVDFab to copy to the hard drive and then I burn using Imgburn. Everything burns fine with version 2.4.2.0 and that’s what I’ll stick to.

When I read wikipedia about DVD Shrink, it says that, “… the program cannot burn these images itself, as it does not contain a built-in burning engine. It can however pass the burning job to either Nero (version 7 or lower), ImgBurn (version 2.3.2.0 or lower) …” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Shrink

Again, my sincere apologies for posting in the wrong forum. You guys have always been helpful.

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2312040]My apologizes StormJumper and everyone else for posting in the wrong forum. I lost my mind for a minute.

I use DVDFab to copy to the hard drive and then I burn using Imgburn. Everything burns fine with version 2.4.2.0 and that’s what I’ll stick to.

When I read wikipedia about DVD Shrink, it says that, “… the program cannot burn these images itself, as it does not contain a built-in burning engine. It can however pass the burning job to either Nero (version 7 or lower), ImgBurn (version 2.3.2.0 or lower) …” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Shrink

Again, my sincere apologies for posting in the wrong forum. You guys have always been helpful.[/QUOTE]

Hi Anakin2Vader
No need to apologize, it has been a long time since I used Shrink and ImgBurn together was not aware the latest version of ImgBurn doesn’t work with shrink :frowning:
Since I come from the “Show me State” guess I’ll try it myself :bigsmile:

He’s not using it with Shrink. Read his post.

[QUOTE=signals;2312048]He’s not using it with Shrink. Read his post.[/QUOTE]

From his last post
"When I read wikipedia about DVD Shrink, it says that, “… the program cannot burn these images itself, as it does not contain a built-in burning engine. It can however pass the burning job to either Nero (version 7 or lower), ImgBurn (version 2.3.2.0 or lower)”

which is where my comment is referring to, other then that no comment to you

wikipedia is wrong, the latest version of ImgBurn still works fine.

All DVDShrink does is pass ‘/MODE ISOWRITE /SRC “filename” /START’ to the program and that all still works fine. Of course it does mean you need to have the correct drive selected within ImgBurn when running it normally and you need to have a blank disc in the drive.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2312054]From his last post
"When I read wikipedia about DVD Shrink, it says that, “… the program cannot burn these images itself, as it does not contain a built-in burning engine. It can however pass the burning job to either Nero (version 7 or lower), ImgBurn (version 2.3.2.0 or lower)”

which is where my comment is referring to, other then that no comment to you[/QUOTE]You have misinterpreted what he said. The reference from wikipedia was what mentioned DVDShrink. [B]The OP is using DVDFab[/B], which has an interface to ImgBurn, which I would think makes it a suitable topic for discussion here.

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2311749]I burned a few movies with the newest version of Imgburn. The movies would not play on any DVD player except the one on my PC. However, any movies I burn with 2.4.2.0 or lower worked fine. [B]Was there some sort of issue with Imgburn and versions above 2.4.2.0?[/B][/QUOTE]

Nope…what media are you using for the burn, and what speed are you burning at?

A log from a failed burn would be even better…

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

The constant bickering between signals and StormJumper is getting very upsetting… :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2406864]The constant bickering between signals and StormJumper is getting very upsetting… :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I see no bickering in this thread on my part, I just didn’t have anything else to say to him :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2312651]wikipedia is wrong, the latest version of ImgBurn still works fine.

All DVDShrink does is pass ‘/MODE ISOWRITE /SRC “filename” /START’ to the program and that all still works fine. Of course it does mean you need to have the correct drive selected within ImgBurn when running it normally and you need to have a blank disc in the drive.[/QUOTE]

Could you correct the misinformation on Wikipedia. I believe it is an open forum and you can surely log in and revise the errors posted by other folks.

I never go on it and don’t have an account (nor do I want one). I’m sure someone else here does though.