NewEgg Sucks

I ordered this drive WednesdayNEC 2500a , it was shipped thursday, now fedex shows in tracking delivery next tuesday, almost a friggin week to go 50 miles from NJ to CT, should of been here today/friday,i paid extra for rush delivery too
just sitting in some trailer now for 5 days till tuesday…JERKS!!!

Left FedEx Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ Jan 29, 2004 10:45 pm ,Now its been almost a full day doing chit

11:10 am

Pickup status

EDISON NJ

Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

10:47 am

Left FedEx Origin Location

EDISON NJ

How is this NewEgg’s fault?

If you ordered the drive on Wed and it shipped on Thursday, Newegg did its usual outstanding job of processing your order and getting it out the door. Your beef is with Fed Ex.

You probably paid extra for rush processing, not for rush delivery. Next time, order on a monday or tuesday so there’s no chance that you’ll ahve to wait over the weekend.

I placed an order with newegg on 01-29-04 and for the first time in two years and many orders they didnt ship it out the same day I ordered it. it shipped the next day and is set for delivery on feb 2. today they credited me back the 2.99 rush order fee so I cant complain. their service and reliability has always been outstanding.

I’ve had great luck with newegg so far. I always order over the weekend, or at latest on a monday or tuesday. That’s the best way that you can ensure that the package will arrive when you want it to :slight_smile:

Although the last case I received had a big hole punched in the side of the packing box, I still prefer fedex to UPS any day.

-paul

I always get my NewEgg orders in 2 days, even though it’s 3 day shipping. FedEx tracking will say it’s due for delivery on the 3rd day, but it’s always delivered on the second day.

As others have pointed out, it was a FedEx 3-Business Day service (FedEx Express Saver), which of course doesn’t include Saturdays and Sundays, so it’s actually right on schedule for FedEx. I once waited for a FedEX package which was already on the delivery truck, but the driver refused to deliver because it arrived one day earlier than the scheduled delivery time. So it is a YMMV situation. Maybe you can get your rush order fee back.

Speaking of Newegg, I have purchased many things from them. But what is the deal with the Retail Pioneer A07? On Monday and Tuesday it was listed, then went out of stock, had an ETA of 1/28, then the listing was pulled all together. Now they only sell OEMs of the Pioneer 106’s.

Originally posted by MrBigglesworth
Speaking of Newegg, I have purchased many things from them. But what is the deal with the Retail Pioneer A07? On Monday and Tuesday it was listed, then went out of stock, had an ETA of 1/28, then the listing was pulled all together. Now they only sell OEMs of the Pioneer 106’s.

They often pull ads if they don’t have a firm ETA on the product, it’ll be back when Pioneer catches up with the demand.

I ordered my 107D on Friday, January 23, 2004, when I first learned that NewEgg had the product. It actually shipped the same day without my request for expeditated order handling. I got it on Monday, January 26, 2004. Nice…

Curiously, the description for the 107D was listed as a “RETAIL” product. What I actually received was a bare OEM drive. No wires, software, installation guide…just the bare drive, wrapped in in bubblewrap surrounded by foam peanuts.

Can anyone recommend easy to use authoring software?

Nero is good authoring software

I just feel like fedex screwed me, northern new jersey to connecticut is just a few hours drive, cant believe they let this “sit” till next tuesday as stated on the tracking site, the reason i was so anxious was my 30 day return to best buy with my plex 708 is now up, plus i could of spent this weekend testing it out, when i bought my first dvd burner it was a optorite dd0203, from accupc.com, was shipped free fedex express saver and was here all the way from cali in less than 3 days.
Lucky i work days or if i saw the fedex man next week i’d give him a piece of my mind.
Now 5 days to ship 100 miles is total BS!!!

why would it be the driver’s fault? he only delivers it from the nearest sorting facility to ur place that same day. he doesn’t determine how long the package takes to arrive at the sorting facility.

Not his fault, but have to tell someone, there e-mails are non responsive, called there just a automated service, what is done is done…oh well

Originally posted by Budman62
I just feel like fedex screwed me, northern new jersey to connecticut is just a few hours drive, cant believe they let this “sit” till next tuesday as stated on the tracking site, the reason i was so anxious was my 30 day return to best buy with my plex 708 is now up, plus i could of spent this weekend testing it out, when i bought my first dvd burner it was a optorite dd0203, from accupc.com, was shipped free fedex express saver and was here all the way from cali in less than 3 days.
Lucky i work days or if i saw the fedex man next week i’d give him a piece of my mind.
Now 5 days to ship 100 miles is total BS!!!

So you blame Newegg instead of FedEx for this? Good call, slandering a vendor that most of us have had excellent results with, for something FedEx might be responsible for. I’ve been a Newegg customer for probably 4 years now, and they have never screwed up an order of mine once. I’m sure I’ve thrown at least a thousand bucks of my own their way, plus steered tons of people to them (or had them order for system builds I did for them). My advice? Life’s too short to get bent out of shape so quickly that you just blame someone due to a knee-jerk reaction. Be patient. Your life won’t end if you’re without a DVD burner for a whole 48 hours. :rolleyes:

P.S. Ordered my NEC 2500A from NewEgg on a Sunday night (added the $2.99 rush processing charge) and got it the next Wednesday afternoon. I’m very satisfied.

Lonewolf,

I couldn’t agree more, as i have been a Newegg customer for about 3 years and had never had any problems with Newegg. I have built about 20 plus systems for family, friends, and myself and NEVER had 1 problem. Thier service is outstanding period. Just be patient :slight_smile: and you will get your order.

Max

Hobarth, don’t worry about it not being Retail. I am seriously thinking of taking mine back to Best Buy and going OEM. All you get is a software disc and crap instructions. $70 more for retail and you don’t get jack.

Originally posted by MrBigglesworth
Hobarth, don’t worry about it not being Retail. I am seriously thinking of taking mine back to Best Buy and going OEM. All you get is a software disc and crap instructions. $70 more for retail and you don’t get jack.

Depending on how important it is to you, you do get an easier 30-day return policy, phone technical support, and a warranty. You don’t get those with the OEM drive. So you do get something.

Don’t get me wrong, I opted for an OEM drive, I can get software just fine, and can support myself. Not everyone is comfortable with that, though.

NewEgg has been great for me too, but they’ve now started charging sales tax in TN. So I’ve now moved on to www.zipzoomfly.com (formly GoogleGear). Their prices are about the same as NewEgg’s, and free 2day shipping on almost everything.