Newegg Shipping Madness

vbimport

I haven’t ordered for awhile, but usually, I order get it in 1 or 2 days, ships from NJ, I’m in DC. Latest item ordered, shipped to FLORIDA via DHL to be “tendered” to the USPS who will then ship it to me from there. What is this crap?:confused:

I’ve seen that happen a time or two. Takes forever. Can you opt for other shipment carriers?

It is called Egg Saver and they have been using out of Tn warehouse for a while. I sent them emails they past year more than once saying how stupid it is to give to to DHL which then took it to Ky then back to Tn to ship it to me In Ark. The last few items I got did not show up witn eggsaver shipping maybe enough of us complained that they stopped it from TN. I told the why not jut take it to the USPS office yourself and save the charge for DHL and I would get it faster.
I figure someone in upper management came up with eggsaver and is getting a kickback from DHL.

I’ve had something like that happen to me too, but it wasn’t Newegg it was staples!
A cross-ship between usps and fedex! USPS gets the package into your city and fedex takes it to your door. quite common, if annoying delay. And staples plays these comparative shipping rate games to when price matching, ooh the hypocricy.

I’ve complained to newegg about this a couple of times DHL just takes it and drops it off at the PO for local delivery. It takes forever, but it’s free shipping so what are you gonna do? For the first time now, an order from the Sportsman’s Guide using UPS is doing the same thing. I think it would be faster and cheaper just to send it USPS to begin with.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2507297]I’ve complained to newegg about this a couple of times DHL just takes it and drops it off at the PO for local delivery. It takes forever, but it’s free shipping so what are you gonna do? For the first time now, an order from the Sportsman’s Guide using UPS is doing the same thing. I think it would be faster and cheaper just to send it USPS to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Did you know that the USPS makes deals with carriers such as DHL, FEDEX, etc to do local deliveries? Our govt subidies the package delivery services in areas with lite capacity utilization. The last 10% of the delivery cost is cut in half by offloading it to USPS because they’re sort of going that way anyways for traditional delivery. A package delivery service is less on-demand than traditional snal-mail. The cheapest service from a package delivery company is upwards of $5… whereas the USPS does postcards for about 23-30 cents.

I’ve ordered three times from Newegg in the past month and all three have shipped from NJ.
all have arrived “next buisness day”, via UPS.

But I’m In Pennsylvania only about 95 miles from Newegg’s wharehouse

AD

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2510412]I’ve ordered three times from Newegg in the past month and all three have shipped from NJ.
all have arrived “next buisness day”, via UPS.

But I’m In Pennsylvania only about 95 miles from Newegg’s wharehouse

AD[/QUOTE]

Same here. I live in Pennsylvania as well, only takes about a day no more than 2 days.

Mr. Bill :iagree:

Gotta love Newegg!..Been using them for the past 2+ years…Always on time…

I don’t think anything has ever taken a unusually long time to get here from NewEgg but I’m on the west coast so maybe they have a close warehouse and hub.
I had some issues with NCIX outa Canada a few years ago after paying extra to have rush shipping, but technically being a international shipment I kinda understood the issue and they offered to refund the extra cost and like that after I contacted them about it.
I guess for most of us getting whatever it is uber fast isn’t critical, but I also hate paying extra when I want my toy now and having these things happen.

Actually, after looking back at my newegg history, It’s been ~5 yrs…Geez!.. where the time go?..
FWIW, I’m also on the West coast…