Newegg Secret 24hr Sale starts 12pm 11/27/09 now!

vbimport

link from their Facebookpage:
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Nov-0-2009/BlackFriday27/index-landing.html?cm_mmc=SNC-Facebook--na--na-_-na
Promo codes may only be used once per registered customer & are are valid till 11:59pm PT 11/27/2009

plus available Friday 11/27 at 6:00AM PST: $59.99 - TomTom ONE 140 3.5" GPS Navigation with IQ Routes Technology - 5.99 Shipping
Available Friday 11/27 at 6:00AM PST: $189.99 - Acer Aspire One AOD250-1924 Black Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz) 10.1" WSVGA 1GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook w/ 6 cell battery (8 hour life) + Free Shipping
Available Friday 11/27 at 6:00AM PST: $449.99 - Sony Vaio 15.5" Intel PDC - Free Shipping
you might get BING cashback to work still :cool:

The WD Caviar Black is the only drive I’ll consider at the moment, but I want a 1TB model. All the sales have been for sizes smaller than that (640GB, 750GB).

ya never know what Newegg will pull out for Cyber Monday,Sir!

:cop:don’t even bother with Newegg/Cashback I cant even get their name to appear on the site(HP/Dell@ 20% now)
There are some Gems to be found in this sale so…WAKE UP! :stuck_out_tongue:

I sure hope Cyber Monday is better than the Black Friday deals so far. I guess I am underwhelmed.

Maybe some good blank media, hard drive and some SSD deals are coming.

Gee, I was hoping for a better deal on a i5 cpu & m/b than their current bundles lineup… afterall, Microcenter still has the i5 chip @ $149 so now would be the right time to drop all of their bundles by $50 at least to match them on cyber monday! I’d like a good deal on the asus 1156 pro board & the cpu (to get my build out of the dream stage), & keep hoping I wont’ have to wait until the next cpu/mobo price cuts come next year!

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2469404]I sure hope Cyber Monday is better than the Black Friday deals so far. I guess I am underwhelmed.

Maybe some good blank media, hard drive and some SSD deals are coming.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of Cyber Monday? Is that this next week?

I was going to order the 750 WD black drive but I got side tracked and it went past the time to get in for $59? I thought the sale was until the 29th, but I guess that was for certain items.

I have been using Segate, and I was going to switch to WD since it seems Segate had some problems. Now I see green, blue, black WD drives? What is up with that.

Any way the 750 gig looked like a good deal, I just put it off for too long.

I looked around and did not see a better deal any where.

Hope they put some hard drives (good ones) back on sale for cheap?

Yeah it’s always the Monday after Black Friday.

Read a little about it HERE

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2469661]Never heard of Cyber Monday? Is that this next week?

I was going to order the 750 WD black drive but I got side tracked and it went past the time to get in for $59? I thought the sale was until the 29th, but I guess that was for certain items.

I have been using Segate, and I was going to switch to WD since it seems Segate had some problems. Now I see green, blue, black WD drives? What is up with that.

Any way the 750 gig looked like a good deal, I just put it off for too long.

I looked around and did not see a better deal any where.

Hope they put some hard drives (good ones) back on sale for cheap?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2469661]
Now I see green, blue, black WD drives? What is up with that.
basically the [B]Blue[/B] are everyday drives w/ 8-16mb cache,the [B]Green[/B] are “eco”-friendly w/ 16-32mb cache,but can only peak at 5400rpm,the [B]RE [/B]are for business/servers & the [B]Black [/B]have a 32 mb cache for better performance
here’s a link to product list: [B]WD :cool:[/B]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2469698]Yeah it’s always the Monday after Black Friday.

Read a little about it HERE[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info MegaDETH :slight_smile:
very interesting
WD Black 1TB Bestbuy $99.99 Retail
Newegg $109.99 bare drive :disagree:

Thanks guys…will check the sale Monday. Should have went with the $59 750 GB WD Black. Maybe they will have a deal like it Monday?

Negritude, why would you only go with the 1TB WD Black model? Is there a performance issue with the 750 GB model?

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2469842]Negritude, why would you only go with the 1TB WD Black model? Is there a performance issue with the 750 GB model?[/QUOTE]

I just want the largest size drive I can get at the most reasonable price. I don’t want a smaller drive that will end up being too small for my needs in a year.

1TB is now the base standard. They already have 1.5TB and 2TB drives, so I feel like anything below 1TB is puny.

BTW, the retail 1TB WD Caviar Black is only $89.00 at Amazon, so that beats Best Buy’s price:

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2469702][QUOTE=Roadhog;2469661]
Now I see green, blue, black WD drives? What is up with that.
basically the [B]Blue[/B] are everyday drives w/ 8-16mb cache,the [B]Green[/B] are “eco”-friendly w/ 16-32mb cache,but can only peak at 5400rpm,the [B]RE [/B]are for business/servers & the [B]Black [/B]have a 32 mb cache for better performance
here’s a link to product list: [B]WD :cool:[/B][/QUOTE]

The Black drives also have 2 processors on the drive.

Yea, I noticed the 2 processors. I wonder is that helps much?

That link negritude posted on the 1 TB looks to be a good deal (thank you negritude). I will see what is up with the Cyber Monday tomorrow.

This is more in my price range for the 649GB but they are sold out. The egg saying they will get some in soon, but wonder if they will include the free shipping?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319

Man, I cleaned the inside of case out today (do it about every two months). I took every thing out almost (fans, drives, front cover…every thing) Seems the dust turns into this crap that sticks to every thing…and I have to wipe every thing off with a rag/toothbrush. No smoking here so no tar or any thing…just wonder why it turns into a film that will not blow out with air compressor? Fans are the worst for this.

Thanks for info guys/

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2470149]Yea, I noticed the 2 processors. I wonder is that helps much?

This is more in my price range for the 649GB but they are sold out. The egg saying they will get some in soon, but wonder if they will include the free shipping?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319

/[/QUOTE]
The 2 processors on the WD Black drives doesn’t really help out that much because my
Seagate 1TB has a much faster transfer rate on the read and write and uses less CPU
power than the WD Black 1TB does that I have in there with the Seagate.

Now as for the 640GB WD Black being the same price of $49.99 when it does come back in stock
I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I’d have to say you will probably be looking
at the original $74.99 price tag when they do get it restocked again as that $49.99 price was just
a Black Friday special promotion.

When it comes to hard drives… time is on your side, with the pace of capacity innovation… it’s just about the best deal in tech. 1tb hard drives are now in the $65-80 range. 1.5tb in the $90-$139 range & 2tb $139-$189 range. A 750gb will be had for $49 in no time (shop around), so I’d wait for a better deal if I were you.

Update: This is it, I’m building a core i5 system. Parts are on their way!
I’m moving up from an agp system to the latest after 6 years… one can suffer with being in direct-x wasteland only for so long, lol! Microcenter’s $149 core i5 helps out alot-- not even newegg will touch that price (apparently selling at a loss, but I’d bet break-even in quantity). I’m also a little miffed at the need for a P8 connector, gee whiz… did they REALLY need to have an extra 4 pins (EPS) for a multi core CPU?!? dual core systems got along fine without it for years. A new p/s in addition to chip, mb, memory, video card pushes the upgrade into $600 range. Newgg did have a good deal on memory though which helped (though, the prices are on average $45 higher for the mhz & latency I got so it must’ve been a BF price cut).