Newegg Seagate 1tb HDD and china?

vbimport

Recently I planned on getting a 1tb seagate HDD from newegg but now from reading the reviewers survey. I am having second thoughts of the info crashing on a 1tb HDD as the titantic going under. Does anyone have more sound info as to what is going on with Newegg and Seagate 1tb HDD? DOA isn’t as bad as crash and burn when you have a full 1tb HDD going under that is extreme.

So no takers??? Must be pretty bad for Seagate HDD if no ones is answering…???

It is not just Newegg, it is all Seagate 7200.11 drives. There are many users on their 4th or 5th replacement drives, some even more than that. I would stay away from all Seagate 7200.11 drives (All sizes, all cache configurations) in general.
There are also now accounts of some drives shipping with the wrong firmware, which disables some and even all of the on board cache.

Some users are even saying that the recent price drops are so they can sell through the remaining stock as quickly as possible.

[QUOTE=bjd223;2157402]It is not just Newegg, it is all Seagate 7200.11 drives. There are many users on their 4th or 5th replacement drives, some even more than that. I would stay away from all Seagate 7200.11 drives (All sizes, all cache configurations) in general.
There are also now accounts of some drives shipping with the wrong firmware, which disables some and even all of the on board cache.

Some users are even saying that the recent price drops are so they can sell through the remaining stock as quickly as possible.[/QUOTE]

Now that is scary…not a good reputation to have espically since the name Newegg is highly respect online seller. They should inform all buyers of such incident and selling of bad products makes for bad reviews. I read their reviews of buyers and it doesn’t sound good for Newegg. Guess I go and buy a Samsung drive from Newegg and go with that unit.