Newegg sale for building PC's

vbimport

Some free shipping and some rebates lots of cases and PSU’s and routers.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Aug-0-2008/Promo082208in/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL082208&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL082208--email--E0-_-HAP

Is it really necessary for you to post every Newegg deal that comes on every other day? I get them also through my accounts and unless there’s some fantastic deal on burners, there’s really no need to post every freaking time. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=KTL;2114691]Is it really necessary for you to post every Newegg deal that comes on every other day? I get them also through my accounts and unless there’s some fantastic deal on burners, there’s really no need to post every freaking time. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Posting ads wholesale is a waste of our time. People should be signed up for the newsletter anyway, because many of the deals aren’t even valid unless you are a newsletter subscriber.

Yo-

I strongly disagree-

We have over 400,000 members and more joining every day-

Some may not be aware of some of the great deals at the vendors that [B]slytrans69[/B] is posting and can then take the information and get a good buy that they may have not otherwise seen - and isn’t that the very reason that this thread exists anyway??

I for one have gotten some great buys from your posts [B]negritude[/B] and appreciate the time you have taken to post them-

Let the mods do their jobs and the members enjoy the exchange of ideas and bargains - your attempts at censorship are misplaced and unwarranted IMO-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2114742]Some may not be aware of some of the great deals at the vendors that [B]slytrans69[/B] is posting and can then take the information and get a good buy that they may have not otherwise seen - and isn’t that the very reason that this thread exists anyway??[/QUOTE]

I’m not disagreeing on the need to post deals, just on the usefulness of posting ads without highlighting specifics. The way it is now, it’s more like free advertising for NewEgg. It would be better to create a single thread for posting NewEgg deals, then we could keep track of that without the clutter.

I have to go with bigmike7 on this. I look all over the web and still miss “good deals”

[QUOTE=KTL;2114691]Is it really necessary for you to post every Newegg deal that comes on every other day? I get them also through my accounts and unless there’s some fantastic deal on burners, there’s really no need to post every freaking time. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My,my,my, who crapped in your guys Cheerios today :bigsmile: I’ll have to agree with bigmike7 and Clunker on this here that is what the
CD Freaks Bargain Basement is all about posting deals and if it saves someone a few dollars in the process than where is the harm
in that? :confused:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2114742]Yo-

I strongly disagree-

We have over 400,000 members and more joining every day-

Some may not be aware of some of the great deals at the vendors that [B]slytrans69[/B] is posting and can then take the information and get a good buy that they may have not otherwise seen - and isn’t that the very reason that this thread exists anyway??

I for one have gotten some great buys from your posts [B]negritude[/B] and appreciate the time you have taken to post them-

Let the mods do their jobs and the members enjoy the exchange of ideas and bargains - your attempts at censorship are misplaced and unwarranted IMO-eh!![/QUOTE]

Ditto, Any chance to save a buck is a good thing. I would of missed out on a lot of deals if it wasn’t for any one of the many people that post them here.
budzos

Are you guys upgrading your equipment every other day? And are all the 400,000 members reside in North America? Please… :rolleyes:

This is a great idea, make a single thread and post all the deals in one place like we were doing with the shop4tech coupon code.

Maybe a MOD could move the last few deals into the thread as well.

This way we are not discouraging people from posting deals and at the same time not cluttering the Basement :wink:

[QUOTE=negritude;2114753]I’m not disagreeing on the need to post deals, just on the usefulness of posting ads without highlighting specifics. The way it is now, it’s more like free advertising for NewEgg. It would be better to create a single thread for posting NewEgg deals, then we could keep track of that without the clutter.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=KTL;2114940]Are you guys upgrading your equipment every other day? And are all the 400,000 members reside in North America? Please… :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yo KTL-

Last count - about 35% of CDF members were from USA and 10% from Canada for a cumulative of 45% or approximately 180,000 members - so my guess is that they are probably upgrading systems in North America 24/7 - and the Bargain Basement certainly isn’t [I]overrun[/I] with any measure of excessive posts-

That a whole ad for computer related bargains is posted rather than one item - well again - I think it is safe to say that these same 180,000 members have different wants and needs which the OP is sharing for all to see - and certainly “free” advertising - but then again so are all the other posts - but the bottom line is - what is of interest to one may not be of interest to another-eh!!

Maybe I’m just a computer geek but there are several websites I check a couple times a week for deals on computer related hardware including this site. I try to check Slickdeals and Fat Wallet as well. I hate to miss a chance to save cash on something I may not of bought otherwise. I guess if I would not check for deals I could save even more money but
hell its a hobby and I enjoy it.
budzos

I agree with bigmike7 and some of the others. It doesn’t bother me at all. Plus, there is no one twisting our arms to open a thread and read it. If it bothers anyone they can just move on to the next thread.

[QUOTE=KTL;2114940]Are you guys upgrading your equipment every other day?[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! seems like it… well as a matter of fact that is what I do for a part time living now days
I build / sell / repair / upgrade systems for people. If I can save a few dollars on some parts and
save my customers money and / or make more money for myself by checking here in the good ol’
Bargain Basement among other places then I don’t mind all of the deals posts. :disagree:

:slight_smile: I see no harm in posting deals from any online retailer. I also build/sell/repair/upgrade systems for people. This is a good site for those of us who enjoy building computers as a hobby/side business! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=UTR;2114991]I agree with bigmike7 and some of the others. It doesn’t bother me at all. Plus, there is no one twisting our arms to open a thread and read it. If it bothers anyone they can just move on to the next thread.[/QUOTE]

Yo UTR-

Extremely good point-eh!!! :iagree: